Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
none
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Take a look at Motor Trend's website- 2011 Chicago auto show has some really clear pics of the Diamond Black Coupe and Wagon; rear 3/4 view is especially nice....

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V / 2015 Porsche Cayenne
725 Posts
Looks very similar to the paint on my Cayenne, definately tell when the sun hits it, and so far it seems easier to keep it looking clean.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
16,557 Posts
Nice.

·
Registered
2011 Raven CTS-V Coupe
248 Posts
Anybody check this out in person over the weekend?
I saw a black diamond coupe and a wagon at the Chicago auto show. Honestly, i thought they looked terrible. Black diamond bodies, both with graphite satin wheels and yellow calipers. In person they looked awful.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
16,557 Posts
I saw a black diamond coupe and a wagon at the Chicago auto show. Honestly, i thought they looked terrible. Black diamond bodies, both with graphite satin wheels and yellow calipers. In person they looked awful.
Any particulars on why you formulated your opinion? Do you not like black, for instance? Do you not like the black on the dark wheels? Is it the yellow calipers? Any other feedback?

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
I will have real world pics in the sun, hopefully within the next week of the black diamond. Mine is on it's way from the factory to me here in L.A. as we speak!

·
Registered
2011 Raven CTS-V Coupe
248 Posts
Any particulars on why you formulated your opinion? Do you not like black, for instance? Do you not like the black on the dark wheels? Is it the yellow calipers? Any other feedback?
My perspective on this is that of a current owner of a Raven CTS-V coupe, and a 2004 CTS-V in Raven black as well. From my perspective the diamond black paint distracts you from the clean, sharp lines of the body of the car. To me, it simply doesn't look like a Cadillac color. Add to that black matte-finished wheels and yellow calipers, and suddenly you have a very busy, cluttered, "trying a bit too hard to be noticed" sort of look. Metallic paint on a 556 horsepower car is overkill, and that's exactly what it looked like to me. For the record, I also can't imagine the M3, M5 or any AMG vehicle painted that way and looking good either.

·
Registered
16,557 Posts
Well, it's a cinch you appreciate a black car, lol. I wonder how it looks in the sunlight.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
I think the pictures look great! I really dig the color. I will take a bunch of pictures for you guys outdoors when I get mine.

·
Registered
2011 V-Coupe (600+rwhp) ; Black Raven, Manual, Recaros
651 Posts
I am glad to see someone else feels the same way as me. I think that combination looks really bad.. I'm also very happy with my black raven... I know some people really like the yellow calipers but I think they look horrible on any car especially a Cadillac.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V
52 Posts
I like the idea of a Black Sapphire with some metallic as it hides swirls so much easier than straight black, but this looks borderline overkill. I agree with some of the others on the yellow calipers. In my opinion, this car is more in line with a Grand National / GNX than a Mitsubishi Evo or Subaru WRX STi. The later two are where I would expect to see yellow calipers. The satin color calipers looks great to me. Just my 2¢.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts