Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010 ESCALADE ESV
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just discovered that someone knocked out the key cylinder out of my front drivers side door handle trying to break in. Since I have never used the key to open the door in the five years I have owned it. I was wandering what is the best way to replace it? My initial thought was to replace it with real door handle without the key hole. Has anyone try this? Will it fit? Any way to plug the hole? Any other solutions? Thanks.

2010 ESV

·
Registered
2009 AWD Escalade Ultra Luxury Raven Black
1,800 Posts
Yep, several here have changed out their door handle for one without the key hole.

·
Registered
A red 2007 escalade base and a orange 2004 lamborghini galla
167 Posts
Please post ways and what to buy to do this I'm going forward with this haha thanks :)

·
Registered
2009 AWD Escalade Ultra Luxury Raven Black
1,800 Posts
Just purchase a door handle for the drivers side rear passenger door. Simple.

·
Registered
A red 2007 escalade base and a orange 2004 lamborghini galla
167 Posts
Exactly haha if you have no power your locked out for good your gonna have to a) break the handle off or b) remove it

·
Registered
2014 S550, 2018 XT5 Platinum, 2019 XT4 Sport :)
1,742 Posts
You got lucky! To take your truck, they pop the lock with anything, turn it with anything, once its popped, you can turn it with a screw driver or another key, that will shut off the alarm and unlock the door, then they just pop it into neutral and push it while steering it to any destination. No steering wheel lock.
You can do the door handle with no lock, then run a small gauge wire from the positive battery cable with a fuse and tuck it anywhere. If the battery is dead, just put a jumper cable on the positive wire and attach negative anywhere you can get a ground. Its a tiny bit of work, but it will solve your problem. You just need the 12V to unlock the doors or to use onstar if you subscribe.

·
Registered
2010 ESCALADE ESV
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Nice Ride for your great suggestion. I just ordered the rear door handle to replace the front one. If I'm not mistaken doesn't the '10 have a battery drain protection or feature? Maybe a outside hood release will work also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts