Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm intersted in putting the V on the bottle. I was just wondering what people thought was the best, most efficient, and safest complete kit out ther for an LS6. Looking for around 100 shot, nothing too crazy. My motor is pretty much stock, with the exception of CAI and a tune. Any input would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
NONE
3,844 Posts
The best NOS kit is made by NOS...becasue they are the only ones who make anything called NOS...now if you are looking for Nitrous Oxide...I love my kit from Harris Speed Works. It is very well priced and when you buy it with the all out accessory kit it literally comes with EVERY safety feature you could need. Also keep in mind that you will need some sort of timing tuner since your timing has been advanced in your tune. Look at the Harris Speed Works interface for that. Nitrous Outlet also makes a good kit, and you could still use the All Out Accessory kit from Harris with it.

I would recommend:
http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/product.php?productid=393&cat=116&page=1

with:
http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/product.php?productid=12&cat=0&page=1&featured

If you can wait until the holiday's they usually run a 20% off sale around then. I will also say that you DO NOT WANT NITROUS unless there is somewhere local for you to get a bottle filled. I drive an hour each way a few times a month to get all my bottles filled (yes I said bottles, only having one is not cost effective for the trip). Also MAKE SURE that you check your grounds when you hook your kit up. I have added a bunch of grounds to mine and it works flawlessly!

·
Registered
NONE
3,844 Posts
For a shot under 175 it's going to make a difference, you aren't spraying that much fuel through the intake runners for it to really puddle at WOT. Direct port is safer at 175+ because of the design of our EFI intakes (the reason a lot of nitrous guys go with an elbow/carb intake). The fuel/nitrous mix cant atomize fast enough in the air to prevent puddling and backfiring. For right now unless you are running a BIG shot plate kits are the hot thing on the market. I went out for some "closed course" runs with my kit today now that I got it all running properly and that plate on a 125 shot hits HARD.

·
Registered
Cadillac
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Skull thanks for all the info. When I go down the "nitrous oxide" road, that's probably going to be the route I take.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
96 Posts
For a shot under 175 it's going to make a difference, you aren't spraying that much fuel through the intake runners for it to really puddle at WOT. Direct port is safer at 175+ because of the design of our EFI intakes (the reason a lot of nitrous guys go with an elbow/carb intake). The fuel/nitrous mix cant atomize fast enough in the air to prevent puddling and backfiring. For right now unless you are running a BIG shot plate kits are the hot thing on the market. I went out for some "closed course" runs with my kit today now that I got it all running properly and that plate on a 125 shot hits HARD.
:)

Skull- What's the damage potential/liklihood with this mod? (I know, my right foot).

·
Registered
NONE
3,844 Posts
Very low if you do it right with all the safety features I listed above and stay with a 125 shot or below on the stock fuel pump, or 75 shot or below if its a dry shot. I know there are a couple guys on here running a 100 shot dry on the stock injectors, but IMO that's asking for damage.

·
Registered
Raven Black 2004 CTS-V. Broken Diff!
342 Posts
How much tuning did your tuner need to do? How do you like the controller, did you upgrade to the microedge plus?

·
Registered
NONE
3,844 Posts
I did the tuning and the change for the timing tuner takes 1 minute. Its just one column in the IAT table. I did upgrade to the microedge + but I haven't sent my microedge in yet.

·
Registered
342 Posts
which software are you tuning it with? ive been tossing up the idea of forking out the cash for hptuners software. did you upgrade to the plus just for the progressive control? If so, how does it actually do the progressive control (ie, oscillates the solenoids instead of wide open) because i know a solenoid is either on, or its off (my profession is valves ;])

·
Registered
NONE
3,844 Posts
I use hptuners and really only got the + upgrade for the bottle contents indicator...a wet shot pulls extra fuel and injects it through the nozzle along with nitrous while a dry shot relies on the vehicles injectors to add fuel. Our stock injectors are maxed out on a 100 dry shot which is pushing it.

On a 125 wet shot is where you start seeing too much fuel pressure drop on the stock fuel pump. At that point you need a bigger pump or standalone system. I will be adding a stand alone fuel system over the winter.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Im gonna fork out the dough for the Nitrous Express NXL kit...its very sexy and im pretty sure I can hide it ALL under the engine cover ;) Is there a manual you could scan, or maybe give me a link as to the manual for the microedge+. I want progressive so that I dont slam my drivetrain when the nitrous kicks in, but I'm unfamiliar as to how exactly the progressive part works

·
Registered
342 Posts
nevermind, i just got a copy :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts