Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2010 CTS
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to go aftermarket but I want to stay with 18". I would like more of an open wheel design. If anyone has any pics or ideas, please post.

·
Registered
SOLD - 2010 CTS4 Premium Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere Interior
2,930 Posts
I'm looking to go aftermarket but I want to stay with 18". I would like more of an open wheel design. If anyone has any pics or ideas, please post.
There are a lot of wheel designs in a thread (post pix of your wheels) about 4 down from this one. Maybe one of those will work for you.

·
Registered
2010 CTS
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shakeydeal said:
Any reason why you want to stay with the 18"? Shakey
20 inch seems too big for our cars in my opinion. I also don't want to lose any ride quality and I don't want to have to buy new tires. My current tires are fairly new.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe
263 Posts
I went from 17" to 19" on my BMW and while the ride quality was not quite as good, it wasn't bad.

Now going from 18" to 19" on my CTS wrought no changes in ride quality. The lowering springs were what made the difference there.

You can get 19" wheel tire combo packages at many places for <2K. To me, that's a bargain. I ditched my 18s two weeks after buying the car.

Shakey

·
Registered
2011 CTS Premium AWD Sedan Red
21 Posts
I am also looking for 18" wheels, but have had a very difficult time finding ones that fit the CTS. As smca said, the wheels on this CTS thread are rarely 18". I found several sellers who claim that various rims fit because the offset and bolt patterns are correct, but they don't take into account things like whether the calipers clear or if the center hub fits. The only place I have found that takes all things into account is Tire Rack. Unfortunately, they do not have any wheels that I like. So I to would like to see pictures of 18" wheels that actually fit on a CTS.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe
263 Posts
Also check with Robert (the owner) at Element Wheels. I have dealt with him twice and is an expert at getting the sizes and offsets right. Great prices too.

Shakey

·
Registered
2011 CTS Premium AWD Sedan Red
21 Posts
You can check this link: http://www.carid.com/2010-cadillac-cts-wheels/18-inch/ We carry a lot of different options, let me know if there is anything specific you are interested in.
Unfortunately, CarId is an example of what I am talking about. If you go through their list of wheels which they say will fit a CTS, you will find my favorite, the Lexani Lust in chrome. That 18" wheel will NOT fit on a CTS. If you go to a 20", it will fit. The 18" does have the correct bolt pattern and offset, but it will not clear the calipers. How do I know this? Because I talked directly with Lexani. CarId is not the only retailer that says this wheel will fit. My question is why don't these retailers talk with the manufacturers about what will fit on a specific car? Can't they get a list of some sort? But once I discover a retailer who makes an inaccurate claim about fit, I have a hard time believing them when they say that the next wheel will fit.

·
Vendor
449 Posts
That's true some, models are equipped with larger brakes and require more space to fit them behind the wheel. Our wheel experts verify fitment on every single order and contact with manufacturer in such cases as yours.
Not a single wheel order is processed at CARiD before fitment is verify by the experts.
We realize that computer can not do everything for you and we fully control these important steps.

I would suggest you to contact our wheel experts at 888.978.3395 and let them know what you like for your model with large brakes. I am pretty sure they will find a way for you to get your favorite wheels for your CTS.

By the way Lexani wheels can be custom made for pretty much any wheel specs. And there is always a route of wheel spacers but it depends on every specific model.

·
Registered
Traded in that boat anchor
129 Posts
I have the stock 19" on my car and I am very pleased with the ride quality
If I ever change them I wouldn't go past a 20".

·
Registered
escalade
59 Posts
Best is subjective, and choosing rims is a matter of personal preference. I've see some CTS with Giovanna wheels and they look good. TIS wheels look cool as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts