Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CTS
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Urb I know there's another forum for this kinda stuff but I wanted to share it here and I think after you read it you'll agree. It's a heck of a story...

I've been pretty absent here on the forum because I've been traveling a lot the past few weeks. Here's the reason and a great story to go with it...

About 6 weeks back on a Friday night my direct boss, VP of Ops, and his direct boss, VP of Aviation, met me in the parking lot and fired me. Long story short I have a lawyer and there's a great chance my 07 CTS will be an 08 very soon :). Anyhow they wanted my Airport ID on the spot which I didn't have with me. I told them it was at home and I'd leave it in the office the next day since I had to go in to clean out all my stuff anyhow. Apparently this wasn't good enough for them as they decided to follow me home...

They were in a 2000 Crown Vic Police Interceptor. The car is easy to spot at night given it's headlights. It's in decent shape. It's used as a follow car for various jobs and I've had it up to 140mph before. I have the baby 2.8L CTS and let me tell you, if you know how to drive it it's plenty of performance. I had a ball watching them try to keep up with me as I was drifting and just having a blast. I do a lot of work with the local LEO's so I called a few of them and told them what was going on. They agreed to be waiting for them in my neighborhood and I would lead them there.

I took a bunch of back roads on the way home and at one point I actually pulled off to a side street to wait for them to catch up. Turned off my headlights, they passed me, then I was following them. Passed them again pretty easily and continued to play.

I got them into my neighborhood, parked in my driveway and just waited. There were 3 cruisers just waiting for them. My former bosses parked and got out as the cops rushed them. The VP of Aviation hadn't done anything in the field in a long long long time and freaked out. He jumped down to the ground with his hands on his head. The Ops VP let out some choice words and just stood there. Needless to say they didn't get my badge until the next day and I have a great police report of what happened. :bouncy:

What didn't make this not fair at all was this, we train all of our EP drivers through another company for offensive and defensive driving. Shortly after I got my CTS I had to go down to certify again. I took my Caddy with me and got to play with it on the course so I knew exactly what the car was able to do. No matter what horsepower your vehicle is, if you don't know how to drive it you'll be left behind!

As for work for me I went back to my old company which greeted me with open arms and I started again this past Monday. It's great to be working again and I can't wait to dump some more money into my CTS.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
haha good sh*t

karma sucks, they got what they deserved for behaving like suck dicks when "letting u go"

·
Registered
2007 CTS
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it was a heck of a night for sure. RB I work for a private security company. I'm gonna leave the company name out because we get a lot of work from the Gov but I've gotten to meet a lot of celebs, royal family members, held an original Da Vinci drawing, carried the Magna Carta, etc. I like the work and I like it a lot more now that I don't have to deal with those guys anymore!

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6 Auto w/ Sport & Luxury Packages
555 Posts
Losing a V8 Crown Vic with a 2.8 means that you were either incredibly lucky or drive like a bad ass from hell! I'll assume the former based on the story and training mention, nice work!!! Make the suckers pay!

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
hey mike, long time... i think u mean "like a bat out of hell" ? ;)

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS, Black Raven. Name: Car-los
3,201 Posts
it was a heck of a night for sure. RB I work for a private security company. I'm gonna leave the company name out because we get a lot of work from the Gov but I've gotten to meet a lot of celebs, royal family members, held an original Da Vinci drawing, carried the Magna Carta, etc. I like the work and I like it a lot more now that I don't have to deal with those guys anymore!
what da vinci drawing???? that very great, you have a good job:)

·
Registered
2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS
5,147 Posts

Glorified rent-a-cop?? HAHAH I joke I joke!!!

Awesome story brother!

X

·
0 Posts
The head of a prestigious security firm dove on the ground like a bitch? Sweet! How did you not get video? See if the squad cars have it and post it where it can be seen by his subordinates. He will have no authority to lead anymore. It will mean his job...

·
Registered
2007 CTS
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
what da vinci drawing???? that very great, you have a good job:)
Here's a picture of it. Greenies if you can name it! It really was awesome holding something like this. My teams and I took care of the transportation for this piece when it came in to be displayed at the Library of Congress.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts