Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Looking at buying a good HID kit that is completely plug and play with the Cadillac. What is the best? Do I have to disable DLR or anything like that? Are there any warning lights that come on?

Search feature does not like the word HID as it gives me 0 results

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6
281 Posts
i just put a kit from VVME.com only had it on for two nights so far but they're great lights, people also use toppsi also, i'll prob post some pics of mine tonight, i put 8000K's in both my fog and low beams, very easy to install after the bumper removal...

·
Registered
Cadillac
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So there are no codes that are thrown or no need to disable daytime running lights? ( i don't know if u even have those in the states). Also, I found some threads are they talk about having to drill a hole in the light housing and stuff...is that just wrong.old information or is that still the case?

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS
44 Posts
Ebay has many different quality kits at low prices. I got a kit from xenoneyes.com for my fogs. As with almost all hid kits, everything is plug and play. No need to worry about disabling anything or changing any codes. As far as the drilling goes......If you intend on Installing HID's in your low beams (headlights) you will then need to remove your front bumper in order to get to the lights. Once you get to the point of taking the headlights out, you will need to drill a small hole into the cap that seals the headlight from outside moisture and water. The hole needs to be drilled because the wires from the hid bulb needs to pass through in order to connect to the ballast. Most kits do have a rubber grommet that will act as a cover for the newly drilled hole. There's a review on cadillacfaq.com about the whole installation process.

·
Registered
2014 SRX AWD Platinum Ice/2010 CTS Sedan 3.6 AWD Silver
644 Posts
So there are no codes that are thrown or no need to disable daytime running lights? ( i don't know if u even have those in the states). Also, I found some threads are they talk about having to drill a hole in the light housing and stuff...is that just wrong.old information or is that still the case?
There is no DRL issue with the CTS since it doesn't use the lowbeams for DRL. I'm in Canada also and can confirm this for a fact. The only issue on the CTS is having to remove the bumper to get at the lights. It's not as bad as it sounds and Jon has an excellent step by step with pics (http://www.jon04ctsv.com/bumper_removal/).

I bought my HIDs from Mark at TopPSI. We had some shipping problems, but everything worked out fine and the product seems to be very good (nice small ballast, wiring and connectors seem to be high quality). It's as plug and play as you can get. The only thing not plug and play is having to drill a hole in the plastic light cover to feed the wires through - it's really not very difficult, and since you can walk away with the cap and drill it on your bench it really has no risk (it's comparable to drilling a hole in a tupperware lid).

It's definitely worth the trouble to do this mod - it improves the look and your nightime visibility.

-GT

T

·
0 Posts
Hello eblend,

Many people on this forum seem to favor our product over all the others. The reason people go with our products over others is sheer logic. Sure, we can sell the same one's VVME does, but those are Chinese made low-quality units which accounts for the low pricing on them. If we sold the same kits they did, they would be even lower priced than what they sell them for. However, before we start carrying a brand we run it for NUMEROUS hours on a power supply non-stop and the ones that fail are the ones that are left behind (we tried 12 products other than the two we carry). Some of those ones that failed under our testing conditions wore a striking resemblance to the VVME kits... hmmm.

Our kits are high-quality SLIM or STANDARD sized ballasts and bulbs. All bulb types and colors available (up to 32000k) and cost $150 shipped w/ a 1yr warranty or $200 shipped with a lifetime warranty (Cadillac Forums exclusive pricing).

We wish you luck and hope you find the right product for yourself!

Thanks!

Mark
Top PSI Performance

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
Probably the best kits you can get now, $150 shipped! $200 LIFETIME WARRANTY!?! I am thinking of dropping my current phillips kit and getting a lifetime kit!

·
Registered
Cadillac
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So this drilling is not into plastic components of the light, but rather into the big rubber cap that sits on the back of the light?

T

·
0 Posts
Probably the best kits you can get now, $150 shipped! $200 LIFETIME WARRANTY!?! I am thinking of dropping my current phillips kit and getting a lifetime kit!
Thanks Shawn!

Then you'll have our kits in your fogs AND lowbeams!

Mark
Top PSI Performance

·
Registered
Cadillac
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello eblend,

Many people on this forum seem to favor our product over all the others. The reason people go with our products over others is sheer logic. Sure, we can sell the same one's VVME does, but those are Chinese made low-quality units which accounts for the low pricing on them. If we sold the same kits they did, they would be even lower priced than what they sell them for. However, before we start carrying a brand we run it for NUMEROUS hours on a power supply non-stop and the ones that fail are the ones that are left behind (we tried 12 products other than the two we carry). Some of those ones that failed under our testing conditions wore a striking resemblance to the VVME kits... hmmm.

Our kits are high-quality SLIM or STANDARD sized ballasts and bulbs. All bulb types and colors available (up to 32000k) and cost $150 shipped w/ a 1yr warranty or $200 shipped with a lifetime warranty (Cadillac Forums exclusive pricing).

We wish you luck and hope you find the right product for yourself!

Thanks!

Mark
Top PSI Performance
Do you have a website? How do I order?

I am thinking of getting 2 kits from you, for fogs and for headlights.

Also, what is the situation with shipping to Canada? How much is that?

·
Registered
2014 SRX AWD Platinum Ice/2010 CTS Sedan 3.6 AWD Silver
644 Posts
So this drilling is not into plastic components of the light, but rather into the big rubber cap that sits on the back of the light?
Exactly. Even if you screw up (unlikely) you could always get a replacement cap.

-GT

T

·
0 Posts
Do you have a website? How do I order?

I am thinking of getting 2 kits from you, for fogs and for headlights.

Also, what is the situation with shipping to Canada? How much is that?
Hello eblend,

I sent you a PM. The shipping to Canada fee is an additional $10 per kit.

Thanks!

Mark
Top PSI Performance

·
Registered
Cadillac 2007 cts
107 Posts
I am interested in these HIDs are there any pics of where to drill this hole and where to mount the ballast and what is differance between slim and regular other than size

·
Registered
Cadillac
1 Posts
Hi TopPsiPerformance, I am unable to send you a PM, since I don't have enough posts. Wanna send me a PM, as I'm interested in a set for an 05. thanx

T

·
0 Posts
I am interested in these HIDs are there any pics of where to drill this hole and where to mount the ballast and what is differance between slim and regular other than size
Nof55,

They can be mounted easily on the bottom of the headlight housing. The hole needs to be drilled in the back of the dust cap which is the plastic cup you remove from the back of the headlight to install your new bulbs. There is no difference between the slim and normal kit. Same internals and everything, just different enclosures. One is a new style (slim), one is an older style (normal).

Thanks!

Mark
Top PSI Performance

Hi TopPsiPerformance, I am unable to send you a PM, since I don't have enough posts. Wanna send me a PM, as I'm interested in a set for an 05. thanx
cugnet2m,

Sent you a PM.

Thanks!

Mark
Top PSI Performance

·
Registered
Cadillac
1 Posts
just a heads up to everyone-this guy from Top PofShIt Performance goes thru forums trying to sell stuff, and never sends anything out. he's done it on more than one forum. here are links to two of the more recent ones:
ScionLife: http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=193590&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=80
Mazda6Club: http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=69028&st=945

he just got some guy on slife for a $150 money order and told the kid that he was in montana without internet so he couldn't ship-then when he got back told him that he shipped already. then just disappeared and never responded to anyone again. let everyone know on other forums so that this guy doesn't screw them as well. his thing is telling people to pay for a preorder, dragging it out past 45 days so that paypal won't do anything about it either. if u pay with credit card u'll have some luck getting ur money back, but money order-u're f'd. either way-don't buy or deal with this guy and tell ur friends in other forums about this guy as well.

·
Registered
Cadillac
2 Posts
Sorry to hear someone has been falsely advertising. At xenoneyes.com, we have the highest quality and best prices you can find.

We would love to be you guys HI Dealer.
Give us a call. We are available M-F 10-6.
927-535-6059

Or you can order online! www.xenoneyes.com

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
Sorry to hear someone has been falsely advertising. At xenoneyes.com, we have the highest quality and best prices you can find.

We would love to be you guys HI Dealer.
Give us a call. We are available M-F 10-6.
927-535-6059

Or you can order online! www.xenoneyes.com
xenoneyes,
you'll get some good business from members of this forum.

become a Supporting Vendor, http://www.cadillacforums.com/subscribe.html , and start selling/advertising! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2004 cts , 3.6L
38 Posts
I am intrested in your hid kits. I have an 2004 cts can you let me know what comes with the kit. I want to change the low beams. Thanks

·
Registered
2003 CTS 1SC Luxury Sport
1,017 Posts
Idk if I would buy from xenon eyes. I have heard some horror stories from other forums about them. I'm thinking I might just get McCulloch again.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts