Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Best guess at RWHP for these mods

1840 Views 24 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  rand49er
Anyone hazard a guess at what output you could expect from the following mods on a V LS6.

LT Kooks with free flow cats
Corsa
CAI LPE or something like it
TPIS ported TB stock size
Stealth V Tune

Also would the 90mm TB with a modified LS6 intake or a FAST 90 be worth it with just stock LS6 heads and cam? What would you pickup in power for $900?
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
I'll be able to tell you in a week or so when I get my "before" done. :bouncy:

With or without the CAI, it probably won't make a difference.

My guess now? 350-360-ish.
Urb
What you got? I like that number!
rand49er
Looks like you have all but the TB already. Is that what your adding? Which one?
388hp/369tq
You are in Wisconsin?

If so, I'd see Big 3 and let Tony fix it up for you, including a dyno run. :) :thumbsup:
Big 3 is my plan. Just wanna hear from the posse.
Yeah...I'd say between 370-380 rwhp and 360ish torque. Let us know how it comes out.
369 RWHP SAE
354 RWTQ SAE

On a Mustang Dyno.

My mods are almost exactly what ou described:

- Kooks 1 3/4 LT Headers + Cats
- LPE CAI + StealthV FFV v 2 'squeeze tube' replacement
- Corsa
- KaTech Ported TB
- Dyno Tune.

-Chris

Attachments

See less See more
Maybe 30 more hp for all of it.
That's exactly what my guess was based on. Baseline LS6 is somewhere in the 320-330 RWHP area plus about 30 for those mods equals 350-360.

TB? Like the CAI, don't think it'll give much if any improvement.
As soon as my backup PCM with Stealth Tune comes in I plan on getting dyno'd.

Mods are in my sig, so I'll let you know how it comes out. Basically the same as your plans, minus the TB.
That's exactly what my guess was based on. Baseline LS6 is somewhere in the 320-330 RWHP area plus about 30 for those mods equals 350-360.

TB? Like the CAI, don't think it'll give much if any improvement.
The TB with a cam would compliment each other as would getting Rick to tune it. :thumbsup:

However, I would replace the valve springs (at the very least) if your gonna cam it.
Scheduled to dyno my car at noon tomorrow at same place Woody_MI did his last January. Will try to post results tomorrow afternoon. :)
My guess is the TPIS throttle body does about 8 rwhp, whereas the 90mm TB on a LS6 manifold does about 18 rwhp. I have done both, and that is what TPIS told me, and what I feel. Talk to TPIS directly. I guess you should pull 385 rwhp or so with a good tune. Your motor will vary from others as will the dyno.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.