Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
My wifes 95 STS is taking rock chips at the front edge of the hood. Who makes the nicest looking and fitting full front mask? I can't find any photos of one on a car anywhere!:crybaby:

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
BOOOOOOO!!! NO MASKS! Those things are TERRIBLE!

First off, they cause the paint underneath to wear at a rate slower than the rest of the car, leaving a very interersting paint pattern if you ever take it off. Second, they trap water underneath and accelerate rust problems and third theyre just pure 80s.

The "mask" of today is a clear adhesive material which you place over the headlights and the leading edge of the hood. I forget what the stuff is called but its made by 3M primarily. It goes on clear and has no effect on the paint as well not trapping moisture.

·
Registered
Cadillac 1992 Seville, Past 1993 Seville & a 2006 STS V-6
121 Posts
yes a mask i have seen them on a 1994 green sls here in wisconsin. you can call vouge or crest cadillac 1-262-781-2800 brookfield wi

·
Registered
2003 STS w/BoseNav, 1993 Deville, 1985 Deville
1,089 Posts
I agree with Playdrv4me. I hate masks. Dirt gets trapped underneath and scratches up the finish.

What I did was to get the 3M Paint Protection Film on the entire front end - grille, fenders, hood, bumper, even the headlights. I also did the outside rearview mirrors and the top of the rear bumper - people tend to pull stuff out of the trunk and drag it over the bumper.

Plus, it's nearly invisible, keeping the good looks of the car intact.

·
Registered
Cadillac 96 Seville STS, 89 Sedan Deville
27 Posts
:thehand: its 07 3m makes a clear coat just for that, dont go 80s its the new millenium just spray the 3m stuff on and stop driving the gravel roads if your so concerned.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2003 STS w/BoseNav, 1993 Deville, 1985 Deville
1,089 Posts
Plus, if something ever happens to the 3M film (which takes a lot to damage), you just point a hair dryer at it and it comes off for replacement.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts