Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 CT6 Sport
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much experimentation with my 2017 CT6 Premium Luxury, I found the following: this version of CUE works best if the USB device is formatted as FAT32 (not ExFAT), which limits the memory stick to 16GB or less. CUE takes a while to index, and initially displays only playlist files with a ".-" prefix before the playlist name (and which don't work), but in a minute or so the actual playlist names appear in a list following the funny file names, and these playlists DO work when selected. Also, if you encode your music as AAC files (.m4a extension), the album art will reliably transfer and be displayed in both the DIC and on the main CUE display. When I encoded as mp3 files, the album art did not reliably get transferred. I used iTunes and the program m3unify from dougscripts.com to create the playlists and encode the AAC files, and it works very well indeed; just drag the playlist name from iTunes into the m3unify window, make the proper settings for AAC, and bob's your uncle. I also tried using NTFS and HFS+ formatted sticks, and they will work, but not as well as the FAT32 format. CUE seems to prefer having all files, both music and playlists, in the root directory, but m3unify can create album/artist subdirectories if you want. I think that will work with CUE, so long as the playlist files are in the root directory, but have yet to try it. It's truly a delight now to reliably see the album artwork when my music is playing. Am very soon trading for a 2019 CT6, and I believe that the Next Generation CUE in it will accept ExFAT format sticks rather than FAT32, which would allow for larger capacities. It may also improve or iron out the quirks with support for HFS+ and NTFS formatted devices.

·
Registered
2019 CTS 3.6 Premium Luxury AWD V-Sport Trim
264 Posts
If the 2019 CT6 has CUE 3.0, it no longer shows album art that I have found. Really miss that in my 19 CTS.

·
Registered
2019 CT6 Sport
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Darn. You are right. Just picked up my 2019 CT6 Sport. Everything about it is improved over the 2017 (SuperCruise is great), except Cadillac apparently killed the album art on USB media. I complained to the dealer, but that will surely go nowhere, even though this car allows over-the-air updates to its apps and maps.

·
Registered
2017 XTS, 2019 XT5
346 Posts
I noticed that on a 2018 XTS in the show room. CUE was definitely dumbed down with no album art work or proximity sensing. Fortunately I own a 2017 XTS which I think has the best version of CUE. It's the most responsive and has the most features. Most of my music files are MP3, though some are wav or m4a and all show album art work on the CUE screen and in the DIC.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts