Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 escalade on 24's. I was thinking about dropping it. Does anyone know what is the best drop kit to get and if it really does change the ride that much.

·
Registered
Cadillac
23 Posts
Re: best drop suspention?

I have an 07 escalade on 24's. I was thinking about dropping it. Does anyone know what is the best drop kit to get and if it really does change the ride that much.
hit the search button and type in ur title.....:) good luck!!

·
Registered
Cadillac
33 Posts

I am in the same boat as you are man. Got some Lexani 24's just yesterday. I have installed them yet but my ride is getting lowered the first chance I get. I am going with 2-3 drop and see how she stands with it.

·
Registered
Cadillac
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I am in the same boat as you are man. Got some Lexani 24's just yesterday. I have installed them yet but my ride is getting lowered the first chance I get. I am going with 2-3 drop and see how she stands with it.
sweet... let me know what kind of suspension you get and how she rides!

·
Registered
Cadillac
180 Posts

I would go with Bell Tech lowering kits....they make great stuff that saves as much of the stock ride quality and makes it look so much better....I will be dropping mine early next year with the bell tech 2/3 kit.

·
Registered
Escalade
18 Posts

Hi guys!
My Escalade has Lexani dials 24" with G-force lowering kit ( 1.5" front, 2.5" back) and AP brakes ( 6 pistons infront and 4 pistions on the back ). The front tires rub a bit and the rear ones they rub alot so I had to cut a bit of the inner plastic ... the ride does change after the G-force and it is a bit stiffer. .

·
Registered
Cadillac
33 Posts
I lowered mine last week with a 2-3 drop but it sits level. (Belltech 3'' rear spring and Mcgaughy 2" front spindle)

I am going to have to install a 1" lowering spring on front to get the look I want. Mine rubs a lil only on the back. The front don't rub at all with the 295/35/24 Flaken tires.

·
Registered
Cadillac
22 Posts
Badlaid,
Why did you use the Bell tech 3" rear spring and not the one that comes with the McGaughey kit. I have the kit but did not install it yet. What did you do with the rear link rod for the air ride? Bend it or put on a new one. If you put on a new one, where did you get it from. Did you in stall this on a ESV?
Thanks,
Rick

·
Registered
Cadillac
22 Posts
I am having the McGaughey kit installed on my 07 esv this coming Monday. I will take before and after pictures and let everyone know how it rides.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade AWD & 2008 GS350 AWD
144 Posts
I put belltech drop springs on the front and hotchkis springs in the back. Ride sits level with a 1 inch rake. Ride is like stock. Corners much better. Feels more stable. Only negative is less suspension travel when you drive over a lumpy road, stock handles lumps better. If that makes any sense. Also disconnected rear ride sensors. Which is like deflating the bags. Only way to bring the back down far enough, so ride is sitting on springs in back. Rides fine though.

·
Registered
Cadillac
180 Posts
If you put new rods or bend your current rods you should be able to keep the rear air ride connected....since it has been disconnected to you get any nastygrams on the DIC?

·
Registered
2007 Escalade AWD & 2008 GS350 AWD
144 Posts
No nastygrams from disconnecting the rear. Do get nastygrams now from lowering the front. At least the nastygram doesn't have an audible warning... that would get annoying. I just press the info button to make the display warning go away.

·
Registered
Cadillac
33 Posts
Those that have put front springs do you still have to shorten or bend the rods also? I am planning to put 1" lowering belltech spring on front with my 2" drop spindles. I want an lil bit extra drop on front. The rear lowered like 4" with my belltech spring. No warning msgs so far.

·
Registered
Cadillac Escalade
373 Posts
Basically you have to make a choice;

1. Springs/Springs (fr/r)
2. Spindles/Springs (fr/r)

I have springs/springs (groundforce) front/rear.

·
Registered
Cadillac
22 Posts
As promised, here are before and after pictures of my dropped Escalade ESV. It snowed here today, so the after pictures were taken in my garage. Drop was 2" in front with McGaughy spindles and 3" in rear with the McGaughy springs. I did not bend the air ride link, I purchased the shorter ones from Pedders USA.
I have not driven it yet, as my son drove it home. He said it drives just like before. Anxious to get it out after some of the snow and ice go away.
Next in line is some suspension pieces from pedders to firm up the ride a little. Sway bar and end link urethane bushings, etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
07 EXT
165 Posts
^^^^^ THANKS FOR THE PICS.... thats all i need. just a little bit to get rid of the gap and to level it out. Going to order it soon and put it on as soon as i get back from Iraq. That gap in the fender kills me...plus im sure it takes corners better....which im looking forward too because since i added the 26"rims it got taller and i can feel it lean when i take turns. Looks good....plus not like my ride can get much worse(which really isnt as bad as people think with low pros and 26"s)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts