Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS Luxury Sport
516 Posts
Tell me guys - how do you handle payment, etc. on ebay? Escrow? PayPal? How about vehicle transport...

WW
I would have them either leave a non refundable deposit on paypal with the balance paid by certified check or wire transfer or show up in person within 10 days of the auction ending with the cash. I like the second transaction best:eyebrow: As far as shipping the car, I would leave that in the hands of the buyer. When you setup an auction always include these terms within the desciption, so the bidder/buyer is fully aware of the terms he/she is about to agree to. good luck WW and any other questions just ask:thumbsup:

·
Registered
516 Posts
Thanks, BBC (British?). I appreciate your insight.

WW
British? No No No... Actually Italian & Portuguese....
If you were seriously wondering, the bigblockcaddy screen name is b/c my, recently sold on Ebay, camaro had a big block engine with a supercharger and now I only have my CTS left.

Also I told my younger brother about your V for $30k, and he wish he knew before he bought his 03 ZO6 Vette. He had that look in his eyes, but I told him he needs to start keeping his cars for more than 2-3 years each. This is his third Vette and he had an 04 GTO. It's good to be young......

·
Registered
516 Posts
dont those nigerian scan things use forged certified checks?
man. thats tough. cash or escrow i say. never done it though.
You never let the car leave your garage until your bank manager confirms and the check clears. I agree CASH is always the best way

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Cash is king...I totally agree...

WW
No one will give you 30,000 green bills(cash). Even it could be counterfeit.
For the Vadermobile I received a Chase Money Order for $1,000 deposit. He showed up to get the car. In Ohio you have to sign over the title in front a Notary. I think all Banks have Notaries. So I took hime down the road to my Bank to sign it over and deposit the $22,500 balance in that Bank. I was using the Bank to certify the money orders. The guy had a Yukon and a trailer to haul it back to NY. All went well. eBay worked fine for me WW:thumbsup:

·
Registered
The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option
2,432 Posts
i am actually looking at anyway i can to earn, borrow or steal the 30k to get that car.

that is insanely modified and the price is awesome.

good god..

I NEED to have this car stay in the forum family.. or at least in the chicago area.. so i can ummm.. get it... or something..

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Alright, I had to keep spamming everyone with this, but the V goes on ebay next week if not sold by then. My local asking price is $35K with some interest - so this $30K deal to forum members and enthusiasts is a steal.

This is my last post on this subject on this forum.

Enjoy.

WW

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,973 Posts
No one will give you 30,000 green bills(cash). Even it could be counterfeit.
For the Vadermobile I received a Chase Money Order for $1,000 deposit. He showed up to get the car. In Ohio you have to sign over the title in front a Notary. I think all Banks have Notaries. So I took hime down the road to my Bank to sign it over and deposit the $22,500 balance in that Bank. I was using the Bank to certify the money orders. The guy had a Yukon and a trailer to haul it back to NY. All went well. eBay worked fine for me WW:thumbsup:
I used a wire transfer. My bank supplies all the common bank functions like traveler's checks, cashier's checks, and wire transfers for free.

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I used a wire transfer. My bank supplies all the common bank functions like traveler's checks, cashier's checks, and wire transfers for free.
Thanks for the tips, ladies.

BTW - you might be surprised that some people actually do pay in green bills. Most I've ever seen were 500 identical portraits, and we're not talking pocket change. I was astounded, to say the least, and they were from another printer, so a bit suspicious, but all was well.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

WW

1 - 20 of 28 Posts