Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac ATS 2.0L Turbo
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm looking to upgrade my exhaust for my ATS 2.0 automatic. I am trying to avoid any drone whatsoever and quality of sound is more important to me than trying to make the loudest sound possible; I am trying to avoid that Honda Civic sound that we all know. After browsing through the site these are the two setups that seem best to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL0qn9iyNb4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N14Nlg8T1A

Has anyone had an opportunity to hear both, and if so do you have a preference of one over the other? A video can only do so much as compared to hearing them in person. If anyone knows of any other models that they think sounds better would you be able to fill me in

Thanks!

·
Vendor
ATS 2.0T gone, 17 Charger Scat Pack current
1,179 Posts
nyinstaller just installed a Magnaflow catback to his, maybe he will offer his input.
He also has a catless downpipe so the sound may differ a bit...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My vote:

http://www.corsaperformance.com/viewpart.aspx?year=2014&make=Cadillac&model=ATS&partnum=14888BLK&cfg=1516

----------

I also like the black diamond tip option, would match my car with everything else blacked out.
oh man thanks for showing me that...now you just made my decision that much harder. Like the volume, scared it may sound a little 'civic like' at low RPM's but its so hard to judge from a youtube video. decisions decisions.

----------

Post a video for with the mag aglow and catless dp
appreciate it Mike. Just sent him a private message, see what he recommends and if it's worth the money.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T 6MT, 1991 MR2 Turbo
57 Posts
Looks like the Borla won't work for all 2.0T's. It has been noted that some newer model years have a single pipe going into the rear muffler section. My current exhaust is just like the Borla in that I have it cut where it would need to be cut for the Borla to clamp on. Except, mine is just two pieces of 2.25 sections of piping and no tip. Cut at an angle on the end so that it at least matches the rear diffuser section. Cost me $80, haha. I'm on the fence of going catless or not and then finishing the exhaust. This was done just for the sound effect really.

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,631 Posts
Borla also says its for auto trans cars although I can't see that as a fitment issue.

And it replaces the factory mufler with two inline tubular mufflers with a diameter less than the tips. The entire system weighs 14 lbs. That thing is going to be LOUD.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T RWD, DP, Intake, HPT, CC
2,404 Posts
And it replaces the factory mufler with two inline tubular mufflers with a diameter less than the tips. The entire system weighs 14 lbs. That thing is going to be LOUD.
How bad? The turbo kills alot of the noise compared to NA. On a stock car with cats, the cats will kill a fair amount too. Might get pretty loud with no cats, though a race bullet where the 2nd cat is might take enough off to be fine.

Esmymr2 said:
mine is just two pieces of 2.25 sections of piping and no tip.
How loud (inside and outside) is your car with just piping?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How bad? The turbo kills alot of the noise compared to NA. On a stock car with cats, the cats will kill a fair amount too. Might get pretty loud with no cats, though a race bullet where the 2nd cat is might take enough off to be fine.

Would also like some insight on the Borla. Anyone have a video? Personally I'm leaning toward catted just cause of CEL and emissions checks and all the added garbage but if I can save $350 by getting the Borla over magnaflow and it makes a nice deep tone, I may have to go with that.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T 6MT, 1991 MR2 Turbo
57 Posts

Post #20 on this thread

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-ats-performance-forum/504017-exhaust-modifications-2.html

It's not loud for my taste inside even at a steady 70mph highway drive.

·
Registered
2014 ATS Red
124 Posts
I have the Magnaflow but it's on a 3.6, it sounds great but there is a little drone at 2000 rpm. I'm not drone sensitive so no issue for me. However, as far as the price goes some places will negotiate so don't be afraid to call and ask. The list price for mine was $1046, I got them on the phone and got it in the low $700 range delivered.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T RWD, DP, Intake, HPT, CC
2,404 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts