Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking to purchase a CAI for my V, haven't seen a lot of info comparing the market on them. Anybody know which one produces the most RWHP? Also which one has the best audible sound :)

·
Registered
11 CTS-V Wagon 6MT Crystal Red all options NO sunroof
531 Posts
If you are staying under 600RWHP, keep the stock airbox, cut the bottom out of it, and drop in a K&N filter. No need to spend money if you don't need to.

Now if you just want one for the looks and/or sound, I say get the Airaid.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you are staying under 600RWHP, keep the stock airbox, cut the bottom out of it, and drop in a K&N filter. No need to spend money if you don't need to.

Now if you just want one for the looks and/or sound, I say get the Airaid.
I read somewhere that was helpful.....lol I do plan on staying under 600RWHP but not sure if I want a non-factory cut out on my car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Airaid seems to be pretty popular. What about Wait4me's CAI?? Any comparison to the Airaid? How about price on both anyone know?

·
Registered
2011 GTR
1,026 Posts
I've got a D3 with only 1500 miles on it that I'm parting with for cheap if you are interested...
Just PM me and let me know.

Mark

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've got a D3 with only 1500 miles on it that I'm parting with for cheap if you are interested...
Just PM me and let me know.

Mark
lol it said I haven't participated in the community enough to pm you. How much you want for it? any pics? Can I ask why you want to sell it? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
I went with the D3 intake. It works very well with a dyno tune. On a stock tune, it just allows you to hear the supercharger a bit more. That's really about it.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V, Black, Auto
343 Posts
I have an Airaid on my stock tune.

Quality unit, easy install, and lets the S/C whine out nicely.

I bought mine from Jamie at Streetsideauto.com and his price was AWESOME (use "Cadillac Owners" in the coupon field for an extra 10% off).

I checked with Airaid directly to see if there were any worries with a lean condition on a stock tune, and they advised that there wasn't, as long as the battery was disconnected allowing the computer to reset itself.

I also checked with my local dealer about any warranty ramifications in "modding" my car with a CAI. The Service Manager was cool with a CAI, but said that he had seen some cars with a problematic MAF sensor due to a build up of oil from the filter, which DID result warranty implications. With Airaid, they also offer the SynthaMax (not SnythaFlow) filter, which is a non-oil version, so I have no worries about oil on my MAF.

Honestly though, I would think all CAIs are pretty much the same. I just happen to like the fit and finish of the Airaid...fits nicely with the existing beauty covers.

·
Registered
None
34 Posts
I've been looking to purchase a CAI for my V, haven't seen a lot of info comparing the market on them. Anybody know which one produces the most RWHP? Also which one has the best audible sound :)
Hello Cameron203,

The Overall Quality of Components, Fit & Finish, and Performance of the AIRAID are 2nd to None!

All AIRAID Intake are Made in the USA and are Backed by our Lifetime "No-Hassle" Warranty!

Thanks,
David

1 - 20 of 165 Posts