Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
08 Cadillac STS-V
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have yet to do a brake stand/burnout with my 08. In other cars I would stand on the brakes, rev the engine untill the torque converter stall kicked in and then ease off the brakes until the rear wheels spin and smoke. I am not sure if this is good for a V.

Can anyone recommend the best way to do it in a V?

Thanks

·
Registered
2006 STS-V; TopKart Flash 125 Shifter
161 Posts
1. Put the transmission in sport mode.

2. turn off the stability control.

3. stand on the brake

4. Wind the motor to about 4500 rpm.

5. Step out of the V, get into a 1968 GTO, and burn rubber.

Seriously, the engine management system appears to have safeguards to protect the differnential from too much torque, so you might have to have those disabled.

·
Registered
2007 stsv. 2005 ctsv(r.i.p)
580 Posts
unless you got some serious funds available in this lovely economy we are having, save all the rubber you can...you will be needing it!! :D

·
Registered
06 STS-V, 08 STS-V, 14 Raptor, 12 Camaro SS, 08 FJ
1,777 Posts
I tried a break stand 2 days ago just before I had new tires put on. It works ok but not great. for some reason the management won't let you do it very well. thinking back on it now it didn't work that well at all.

·
Registered
2007 stsv. 2005 ctsv(r.i.p)
580 Posts
I tried a break stand 2 days ago just before I had new tires put on. It works ok but not great. for some reason the management won't let you do it very well. thinking back on it now it didn't work that well at all.
the best time i had is when you completely turn off the stabilty mode..then mine :burn: for a good distance..so try it out..just putting in
competitive mode doesnt cut it for that..

·
Registered
06 STS V
36 Posts
Whats a Brake Stand??? I believe its called a Power Brake....

I don't think power braking is a good idea on vechicles that have four wheel disc brakes with big brakes. I know back in the day with drums in the rear that's a piece of cake.

I'll give you advice on where to find a good mechanic when you blow out your tranny and rear end.

JB:gun:

I have yet to do a brake stand/burnout with my 08. In other cars I would stand on the brakes, rev the engine untill the torque converter stall kicked in and then ease off the brakes until the rear wheels spin and smoke. I am not sure if this is good for a V.

Can anyone recommend the best way to do it in a V?

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts