Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2005 white CTS on 20s"
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for an indash 7" screen. Wondering what you guys have and about an ballpark price

·
Registered
2003 CTS
2,339 Posts
I have a Pioneer Avic-D3/bluetooth/IPod adapter. It cost me about $700. You lose the DIC unless you are willing to cut up your original deck. Just spend some time searching.

·
Registered
Cadillac
137 Posts
for those of you who chime in... can u post pics of your setup if u have? im also interested in something like this. i would wanna keep the DIC as well but i wanna see what it would look like with or without.

·
Registered
Cadillac
137 Posts
pjd, that is F'n clean! Few questions. Is that some kind of dash kit u bought or u cut into it? also, is the volume (or can it be) controlled by the knobs from the stock radio? and where is the CD deck?

·
Registered
They should make a new model name for mine but I guess a CTS
271 Posts
its actually the factory unit that i cut and molded and yes all factory buttons work including [presests) and yes an ipod plug comes out at the center console

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,814 Posts
What did you use to fill in the cracks? I'm thinking about bondo, though it would be my first time working with the stuff.

KOT

·
Registered
271 Posts
I used bondo I sanded down the whole face plate then cut my whole a little smaller than i need then bondoed then sanded the painted

·
Registered
271 Posts
Thanks for the look of mine along with the functionality it took 40 hours

·
Registered
Cadillac
137 Posts
Thanks for the look of mine along with the functionality it took 40 hours
Were you able to keep all functionality (steering wheel buttons, dic, preset buttons, door chimes etc)? if you did, was it hard?

ps i know nothing about radios but im going to be looking into a setup similar to yours. would like to do it all myself as u did and save a lil cash.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I install stereos so i do it alot it was even hard for me to get everything to function but i did and some things i did you wouldnt even want to attempt

·
Registered
2005 white CTS on 20s"
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hm.. and i bet if you take it in somewhere and have someone do it for you about how how would it run you think for the install

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,814 Posts
I was quoted for a basic install. Using metra's radio fit kit and pac audio gmos harness. With labor it came around $600. I then hung up the phone. lol That was from a place in New London, Connecticut.

I do my own installs, but I am just always curios on how much radio shops are charging. Someone wanted to charge me $200 just to cut the face off of the factory radio. Which did not included the circuit board underneath. This was from a place in Bethlehem, PA So I had an ex coworker and bought him lunch. lol

KOT

·
Registered
271 Posts
You have no idea what all i had to do to make everything including the presets work

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6L
59 Posts
Is there any way, or anything you can buy, to make it preserve the steering wheel controls as well as the temp, mpg, etc?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts