Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I dont agree. I think Volant will add more power and decrease restriction (the whole point) far more than the LPE, and it is only a 100 dollars or so more

·
Registered
2017 Camaro ZL1; 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2004 Lightning
12,007 Posts
Well, I've had the K&N in the stock air box, the LPE, and (as of this week) the Volant. No SOTP difference between any of them, although of course both the LPE and the Volant are somewhat less restrictive. The LPE is noisy and ugly. The Volant is quiet and purty. :cool2:

·
Registered
226 Posts
I think the volant is the best. I hand a more performance one. it's nothing more than a k&n cone filter slapped on the end of your factory snorkel, what a rip off.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
1,181 Posts
I agree with CTSVONFIRE... I noticed a big difference over stock after installing the Volant. Their box has a great fit and feel. Installation was pretty straight forward.

·
Premium Member
1975 Seville; 2004 CTS V; 2011 CTS V Coupe
806 Posts
The More Performance has a lot of gap-o-cis. It does not seal up to the hood, so it allows considerable engine compartment hot air in-leakage. This compromises the intended "cold air" intake.

·
Registered
none
864 Posts
Gotta say, I like the LPE. And with the open air filter, unlike the Volant, the sound says LOOK OUT( Like OJ said on Howard Stern).. Really! the open air filter sounds mean. Unsure about the Volant, I'm only speculating based on the design!

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts
04CTSVFLA said:
Whats the gain to began with? LOL. Your already spending 200 on 5hp, why not spend 100 more for 3 more hp?

FYI, with LPE CAI I gained:

+8.9 RWHP 3% Gain (295.5 @6150 vs. 304.4 @6350)
+2.8 RWTQ 1% Gain (285.2 @4900 vs. 288.0 @4850)

Keep in mind though, this was peak. I actually lost some down low, and gained up high.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56069&highlight=lpe

-Chris

Read the thread for info about the low numbers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts