What is the best luxury vehicle brand?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
'02 Eldorado; '86 Porsche 911 'Vert; '07 Ford Escape Limited
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a Cadillac forum, so I won't post this as an option. What do you think is the best luxury vehicle brand?

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
I'd have to say MB. I personally like Lincoln myself but I must admit I'd take a S/SL 65 AMG over anything Lincoln offers.

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts
Assuming that "most sought after" would then translate into sales figures (SALES) ~ then the obvious answer has to be Lincoln, who outsells all the rest on that list.

However...IF "Most Sought After" refers to a dream-wish-list...then I'd have to say Porsche.

Me? I voted for Lincoln, because of this:

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
How did VW get in there? :hmm:

Bangle screwed up BMW, lack of quality is plaguing MBZ, Lexus and Lincoln's are boring designs and Audi's new rear end is butt ugly, Jaguar doesn't have a true drivers car and Acura's good looking sedans are all FWD.

So I'd buy the Porsche while I wait for the Skyline to arrive here as an Infiniti.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Were Volvo & Saab purposely omitted or was it an oversight ??

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
as far as pedigree (which is important to me) Jag is tops on that list ....Benz a somewhat close second , jaguars history has been much more what i want in a luxury brand , and presently there doing what they should (outside the x type)

tops is rolls royce , there is no other ....they dont break down they "Fail To Procede"

·
Banned
1,483 Posts
Definately BMW. Although Bangle (in some peoples opinions...) may have made the BMWs less visually appealing (I think he did a wonderful job on the 3 series), BMW still has that yuppie appeal.

Mercedes is played out, and their new designs get blander every year. Now if they had a 450 SEL 6.9, it would be a different story. But all they have now are fugly cars, they're going down the road Cadillac went where they just appeal to the 65 to Dead age group.

Infiniti I like (especially the G35) but they have a spotty record when it comes to decent product. The Q started out pretty good and then got bland and well...Jesda can tell you more:cool:

Lexus makes some decent cars, but DAMN talk about bland, they pretty much set the bar...

Acura? Luxury? Yeah, right. More like an Accord with heated seats:p

Jaguar makes some very NICE looking cars. If only they spent more time on the road than in the shop...

Lincoln is being starved of good product, and I'm a Cadillac man, they've never been THAT cool except some of the Continentals from the 70s...

Volkswagen??? Okay, I'm confused on how they got on the list...

Audi - the A8 looks awesome. Too bad Audis aren't reliable...and they're just too "far out there" anyway for me to really consider them.

Porche, very cool vehicles, but not the type of "luxury" vehicle I'd want. They make good sports cars though...

So there you have it, my opinion on the "other" luxury brands (although we all know Cadillac is the only TRUE luxury brand:devil: )

·
Registered
1998 Seville STS
423 Posts
ben72227 said:
Definately BMW. Although Bangle (in some peoples opinions...) may have made the BMWs less visually appealing (I think he did a wonderful job on the 3 series), BMW still has that yuppie appeal.

Mercedes is played out, and their new designs get blander every year. Now if they had a 450 SEL 6.9, it would be a different story. But all they have now are fugly cars, they're going down the road Cadillac went where they just appeal to the 65 to Dead age group.

Infiniti I like (especially the G35) but they have a spotty record when it comes to decent product. The Q started out pretty good and then got bland and well...Jesda can tell you more:cool:

Lexus makes some decent cars, but DAMN talk about bland, they pretty much set the bar...

Acura? Luxury? Yeah, right. More like an Accord with heated seats:p

Jaguar makes some very NICE looking cars. If only they spent more time on the road than in the shop...

Lincoln is being starved of good product, and I'm a Cadillac man, they've never been THAT cool except some of the Continentals from the 70s...

Volkswagen??? Okay, I'm confused on how they got on the list...

Audi - the A8 looks awesome. Too bad Audis aren't reliable...and they're just too "far out there" anyway for me to really consider them.

Porche, very cool vehicles, but not the type of "luxury" vehicle I'd want. They make good sports cars though...

So there you have it, my opinion on the "other" luxury brands (although we all know Cadillac is the only TRUE luxury brand:devil: )
I agree with you entirely. It would've been the same reply I would've put. Well said.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
SpeedyArizona, The ONLY Acura catagorized as a luxury car
is the RL. The entire model line of the Volvo S80 costs more and
in fact IS catagorized as a luxury entry. The Volvo S60 series
begins AT the RL price level and goes up from there. Only the S40
is belowthe R/L.

Regarding Saab, its 9.3 is at the exact same level as the R/L.

The Volkswagon was included because of its $95,000 Phaeton.

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
I would have guessed Benz, or Lexus, but not according to this....(but every site will likely have their own top 10 list)

http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/popular/luxurys/thisweek.html

Again here it looks like the BMW has kicked ass for the last 3 months, but still no Porsche.....at least the CTS came in 7th..

http://autos.msn.com/advice/article.aspx?contentid=4019410

VW has their share of luxury and ultra-status brands like Bugatti, for one.

Lexus does some of the most beautiful interiors imo, along with Jaguar.

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
"BMW still has that yuppie appeal."

And you're saying that's a GOOD thing? :hmm:

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
By all counts Mercedes Benz is really the world renowned luxury car. It just is. A while back I saw some footage of some poor kid in a third world country somewhere being asked what he wanted and he said a Mercedes Benz.

Its not the best luxury car by far, but it certainly has the most recognition. Its been compared, and very accurately so, to Rolex in the watch industry. No one with any basic knowledge of watches would call a Rolex the pinnacle of watchmaking, but most would agree its the brand that best summarizes what luxury watches are about.

Cadillac is probably a VERY close second, and then BMW.

·
Registered
None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.
5,702 Posts
I'm going with lincoln, and that's only based on the two lincolns I've ever owned...a '59 and a '66 continental. :D

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
HotRodSaint said:
How did VW get in there?
I own a VW luxury car:

http://www.roadcompanion.ca/edito/mag/articles/22721/vw_phaeton_long_big.jpg

HotRodSaint said:
Jaguar doesn't have a true drivers car Infiniti.

They have two, the XJR and the S-Type R

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2004/2004-Jaguar-XJR-blue-1280x960.jpg

http://www.wallpaper.net.au/wallpaper/automotive/Jaguar S Type R - 1024x768.jpg

I voted MBZ because they, in Europe at least, are the ultimate affordable luxury brand (behind the "unnafordable ones such as Bentley, Rolls Royce, Aston Martin etc)

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
mccombie_5 said:
They have two, the XJR and the S-Type R
I'd like them both much more if a 6 speed manual was available to make them a 'true drivers car'. And especially from Jaguar, the company that brought us the C-type and the XKSS!!

While the Jaguar S-Type R is nice to look at, the Cadillac CTS-V stomps all over it on the track. :shhh:

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
1 - 20 of 77 Posts