Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 XTS
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw that Tim Allen design did a job on an older DTS and ported and polished the heads and got another 98 horsepower out of his DTS. Perhaps when my headgaskets go I will have the money to do this with mine :bigroll:

·
Registered
96' Eldorado, 00' Volvo 770 N14+ 525HP
154 Posts
I hear that, whenever AJ gets the pcm hacking down pat, Id thow a set of custom ground cams too....just imagine the dyno #'s!

·
Registered
1997 Eldorado, 2003 Audi RS6
1,320 Posts
If they ever do, it's really not that common. It's simply the most common major problem on a very non-problematic engine.

·
Registered
02 STS
1,262 Posts
There were a few of us that posted some very specific questions to T/A about his Deville on his forum... We were completely ignored...

If you read the Car and Driver tests of the car you will note that they conveniently missed any test that would illustrate extra power. All seat of the pants dyno...

The intake system on the car was supposed to be custom high flow.. but was stock...
They said it had special headers and cross over... (no pictures of that... hmm starting to smell bad)...
They said the firm that built Tim's car was going to build kits for the rest of us... Nope..
They said it had a special chip.. ya right...
Oh and Car & Driver managed to blow up the tranny early during testing...

Sorry Mr Allen... I would love you to prove me wrong... But I call BS on all of this.

It looks to me like he milled the heads on a 2000 and later block bumped the compression to about 11:1 (3/4 of a point) and switched to premium.

My engine simulator says...15-20 extra hp... Tops...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts