Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone -

New member here and first post. I live in Dubai and I guess due to local demand, almost every single Escalade here comes with a bench. My wife wants the captains seats for the kids. I’ve tried searching the forums but most swap posts are for the previous generation. Im looking to buy a 2017 or 2018 Platinum (regular not ESV). A few questions:

1. Is replacing the bench with captains chairs a direct swap or is there any wiring / reconfiguring etc that needs to be done?
2. I’m moderately handy so if it’s possible is it a DIY or let a garage do it?
3. Any differences in the rear captains seats from ‘17 to ‘18?
4. Do the Platinum spec captains chairs differ from non-Platinum spec ones and if so, how?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Check out this video, this guy and his wife do it in their garage:

The wiring is supposed to be a direct swap, no need to splice or buy adaptors to hook things up. The bolt pattern is the same as well.

Haven't heard of any differences with the seats between the 17 and 18's. I do think the leather is different on the Platinum vs the other trims or maybe that's just for marketing materials. The front seats are definitely different between the Plat and non-Plat trims.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! - I saw that video but he’s doing captains to bench. I’m trying to figure out if bench to captain is essentially the same, and importantly, because there will be a big void where the bench was whether there’s already carpet there or if in any other way, once exposing that void will cause issues (cosmetic or otherwise)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Check this discussion and maybe reach out to this poster directly since they did the swap from bench to captain seats?

Just re-read that and it was captain to bench. I would assume there's carpet under there since the seats fold up, but you might have a gap in the carpet where the middle seat bolts. Weather mats could easily fix that though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would love to but it may end up costing more than the car, as I live in Dubai 😂. Was really just trying to figure out if it’s even possible as a direct swap that doesn’t require any re-wiring etc. if you confirm that it would be much appreciated

·
Premium Member
2008 Escalade Sport, 2018 Escalade Luxury & 2018 Camry Hybrid XLE
2,523 Posts
Photograph Black Rectangle Font Tints and shades

Check this discussion and maybe reach out to this poster directly since they did the swap from bench to captain seats?

Just re-read that and it was captain to bench. I would assume there's carpet under there since the seats fold up, but you might have a gap in the carpet where the middle seat bolts. Weather mats could easily fix that though.
Thanks! - I saw that video but he’s doing captains to bench. I’m trying to figure out if bench to captain is essentially the same, and importantly, because there will be a big void where the bench was whether there’s already carpet there or if in any other way, once exposing that void will cause issues (cosmetic or otherwise)
Order this carpet if there is a issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts