Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has just given the greenlight to import a 1999 Base Deville to my importer, it has the bench seat as you'd expect
What I am trying to gauge is the amount of room these cars have.
Is it four adults two children? Five adults one child? I doubt it will be six adults because that would be crapmed
Just wondering........

·
Registered
1989 Fleetwood FWD / 2000 ETC / 2000 STS / 2006 STS V-8 1SF RWD
475 Posts
Hello...
One of my co-workers has a 1999 DeVille.
Tomorrow on lunch, I'll pile in 6 adults to see how we fit.

I've driven with 6 adults in my 1989 Fleetwood...
OK fit for 3 couples to go across town in one car for dinner,
but not much more.
(Not many cars around that you can do THAT in!)

I recently seated 3 adults in the rear seat of a 2006 DTS...
Once again, OK for around town.
(or through town during the high school homecoming parade the car was in.)

However, both vehicles have lots more room than my 2000 STS.
You won't be disappointed.

I guess "size does matter!"

I'll post back how we fit!

·
Registered
122 Posts
These are big cars! I have had 6 adults in my '91 fleetwood and as it has been said its ok around town not for long distances but it can be done even with everyone belted in.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
4 adults and no kids = everyone riding first class
5 adults and no kids = everyone up front is first class, the two outer ones in the back are business and the center dude goes economy

4 adults and one child = up front is first class, all three business class in the back
4 adults and 2 children = adults business / kids economy
6 adults = econmy seating for all!

:welcome: to 'my' body style Devilles!

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
powerglide said:
4 adults and no kids = everyone riding first class
5 adults and no kids = everyone up front is first class, the two outer ones in the back are business and the center dude goes economy

4 adults and one child = up front is first class, all three business class in the back
4 adults and 2 children = adults business / kids economy
6 adults = econmy seating for all!

:welcome: to 'my' body style Devilles!
Thanks to you all for the information!

Thanks for the welcome powerglide!

I'll be sure to welcome you to the 00-05 ones if you ever get one.

I have heard these are much more comforatble than the 00+

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Anytime McC!

I heard about the 00+ models being less comfortable (bench config) as well.
Although I don't have much experience in the 00+ models, cursory observation of the seats made me think the same. The 00+ models have more sculpted bucket-like seats up front. (heavily contoured for more lateral support maybe?) and as a result the center 'seat' looks very small, lumpy and uncomfortable. Also, because the front driver/passenger seats a re more contoured, it feels more like a chair than a sofa. (ie, you are forced into a proper sitting position instead of the lazy lounge like feel of the old style cars)

I like the look of the 00+ seats but I am guessing I prefer the seats in 97-99's.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
powerglide said:
Anytime McC!

I heard about the 00+ models being less comfortable (bench config) as well.
Although I don't have much experience in the 00+ models, cursory observation of the seats made me think the same. The 00+ models have more sculpted bucket-like seats up front. (heavily contoured for more lateral support maybe?) and as a result the center 'seat' looks very small, lumpy and uncomfortable. Also, because the front driver/passenger seats a re more contoured, it feels more like a chair than a sofa. (ie, you are forced into a proper sitting position instead of the lazy lounge like feel of the old style cars)

I like the look of the 00+ seats but I am guessing I prefer the seats in 97-99's.
Yeah they look much more inviting and comfortable.

Ive never had a bench seat car before, so i was just wondering.

The DHS has the deperate seats with floor shift and a console (it was difficult to get) so i have not had experiance of this before.

I also think it will generally be more comfortable, i prefer a sofa to a chair.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a 2001, and powerglide is correct about the front being sculpted...in fact, it's not really a bench seat up front...more like a 40-20-40 split. The two sides have full adjustment, while the middle stays put. In the rear, the seats are also contoured, but the middle is more comfortable than the front. I've had three adults back there for short trips, and no complaints about having enough shoulder room.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2001blackdev said:
I have a 2001, and powerglide is correct about the front being sculpted...in fact, it's not really a bench seat up front...more like a 40-20-40 split. The two sides have full adjustment, while the middle stays put. In the rear, the seats are also contoured, but the middle is more comfortable than the front. I've had three adults back there for short trips, and no complaints about having enough shoulder room.
Yeah, i saw a 2004 Base Deville, a 2004 DHS and a 2004 DTS when we went to buy.

She wanted the console and seats like a DTS but in a DHS

It was a helluva job to get Cadillac to do this, we managed in the end.

The reason she didnt want a DHS with the 40-20-40 is because it didnt look or feel as comfortable as the DTS seats, but like i say, she wanted the DHS...

I like the bench in the 1999s though. It looks very inviting.

·
Registered
50 Posts
That's very cool...I would imagine there are very few DHS's out there with a center console! I've always had 4-door sport sedans, so this is the first car I've owned with a bench. I didn't think I would like it, but the car had everything else I wanted...and as it turns out, I like the bench quite a bit.

So did you end up with DTS-style leather or DHS (i.e. perforated)?

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2001blackdev said:
That's very cool...I would imagine there are very few DHS's out there with a center console! I've always had 4-door sport sedans, so this is the first car I've owned with a bench. I didn't think I would like it, but the car had everything else I wanted...and as it turns out, I like the bench quite a bit.
So did you end up with DTS-style leather or DHS (i.e. perforated)?
It has the DHS leather. I think it helped that we were cash customers......

I dont think there can be many around either. She wanted the support of the DTS seats with the luxury of the DHS and a floor shifter, we had to beg with the dealer, and it cost us a little more, but it was worth it :D

·
Registered
475 Posts
Hello...
The co-worker with the 1999 DeVille is sick and has not been at work.
I'll check back when she is better and try to get a pic of 6 in the car.

The info in the above posts is good...6 will be a squeeze.
I'll post back when I can.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ElDawgg 2G said:
Hello...
The co-worker with the 1999 DeVille is sick and has not been at work.
I'll check back when she is better and try to get a pic of 6 in the car.
The info in the above posts is good...6 will be a squeeze.
I'll post back when I can.
Thanks ElDawgg.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
475 Posts
Hello...
Mccombie...no photos yet.
The lady's husband is driving her DeVille while his car is in for repairs.

I'll post any pics I can get when she gets her car back!
...if it's not too late

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ElDawgg 2G said:
Hello...
Mccombie...no photos yet.
The lady's husband is driving her DeVille while his car is in for repairs.
I'll post any pics I can get when she gets her car back!
...if it's not too late
Well, the car is onits way (or it may even be) in the country, but i havent paid a penny for it, and wont until i have decided i want it :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts