Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys. There Is A Really Good Katech Belt Tensioner For Us Belt Slip guys On Ebay Right Now. I Just Picked One Up. 135 Bucks Plus 10 Bucks Shipping

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
1MEAN V and Jamie,

I, too, thought about this, but see the comments below stating not recommended for SC engines:

Gen 3/Gen 4 Belt Tensioner

Katech Inc. has been involved with the C5-R race program since 1997. One of the first things that was noticed there seemed to be a bad spot in the rpm range where the serpentine accessory belt would want to jump off of the pulley. This is the origin of our solid adjustable belt tensioner. After installing this tensioner on the race engine, the belt problem disappeared. Even though this problem was found on the race engines, it is also the same case with the standard LS1 and LS6 engines.
These belt tensioners are a must for anyone doing any sort of performance driving with a Gen 3 powered car or truck. Without it, the belt can be thrown by the stock tensioner. This is not something you want to happen when you are going down the strip or racing around the road course. *Not recommend for use on supercharged engines.
Pulley not included (designed to use your production pulley).

Please advise, thanks.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ignore That. My Buddy Has A Ls1 Camaro With Asc That Runs Nines. He Had Oneon For 5 Years

Dallas
P.s. My Car Is Superchargered And I Am Using This Along With A Poly V Belt And Trackbite On My Serpentine Belt.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They A Just Covering There Ass On That One. Thats All

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
well...on the supercharged applications,...like the magnacharger....they already come with a tensioner, right?

I haven't seen, not that it isn't a possible problem but, again, I haven't seen any failures, or belt slipage on magnacharged cars.

My response, was actually directed towards NA cars, or maybe even a centrifugel car.

1MEANV, I think I know the answer but, you have the magnacharger? and you have problems with their tensioner?

You see, my friend Mike, in his camaro, pops belts on his shifts(automatic) when he sprays nitrous. No slip, just the damn thing pops off. So, "I" have to walk up and down the road,..find his belt,..and put it back on. Not the funnest on a hot LS1.... he really NEEDS to buy a better tensioner.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i have a maggie with a 2.75 pully and it is slipping now. i am putting a 2.6 soon as well as nitrous also so i do not want any slip at all. so this and a polly cog belt

Dallas

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
1MEANV said:
yeah i have a maggie with a 2.75 pully and it is slipping now. i am putting a 2.6 soon as well as nitrous also so i do not want any slip at all. so this and a polly cog belt

Dallas

hmm.. That sucks. What,...is boost falling off? OR do you hear the belt spinning/squeeking?.... etc etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
Katech