Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past month or so. 2 to 3 times a week I am kicked out of desktop view on my iPhone XS Max and/or my iPad Air 2.

I prefer the desktop view because is far less clutter than the mobile view. But being kicked out of it is getting annoying at this rate.

Before it was once a month or every two months. That was ok. Twice a week? Nope.

KOT

·
Administrator
2,286 Posts
For the past month or so. 2 to 3 times a week I am kicked out of desktop view on my iPhone XS Max and/or my iPad Air 2.

I prefer the desktop view because is far less clutter than the mobile view. But being kicked out of it is getting annoying at this rate.

Before it was once a month or every two months. That was ok. Twice a week? Nope.

KOT
Hello there,

For starters, can you clear your cache and cookies and click the "Remember Me" box when you log in?
Test it a bit and let us know if it's still happening.

Ed

·
Administrator
2,286 Posts
Hmm strange,

Within those 2-3 days, did you clear your cookies? or log out of the forum?
By doing these 2 actions, it would revert you back to the mobile version.

Ed

·
Registered
9,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just leave the desktop on mobile devices alone. If someone wants to view the site via their mobile device in desktop mode. Let them.

Cleaning cookies and cache has no affect. It’s as if maintenance is being done on the back end and when it’s done, y’all clear the cookies or whatever.

KOT

·
-Administrator- 2002.5 F55 STS 2014 FWD Explorer
66,593 Posts
The site does not clear/cleanup/scan/watch your devices - YOU do.

Log in, get to the desktop view and never log off the site. If you simply put your device to sleep it will (should) remember your CF login preferences. When you turn it OFF it self-clears just about everything.

Super glad we don't own or need "smart" phones. Each of us has a simple Nokia flip-phone and we collectively use less than 10 minutes a month of talk time. Never use data or text.

·
Registered
78 Posts
What is the name of the smartphone app? I have a Samsung S8+ and I cannot find it on the Play Store. Am I looking in the wrong place? Thanks!

·
Administrator
2,286 Posts
What is the name of the smartphone app? I have a Samsung S8+ and I cannot find it on the Play Store. Am I looking in the wrong place? Thanks!
The site doesn't have an app in the Play Store.

Have you tried accessing the site from your mobile browser yet? The site is responsive, so it will adjust automatically for you from any device. Check it out and let me know what you think!

- Cricket

1 - 8 of 8 Posts