Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe (Thunder Grey)
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it is 20% on the back and rear sides and 30% on the front.
However, you really can't tell the difference.

·
Registered
none
12 Posts
Looks great!

My White 2012 CTS looked great too... but in Iowa you cannot tint the front side windows. I kept getting pulled over for it and had to remove it. Iowa sucks!

·
Registered
SOLD - 2010 CTS4 Premium Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere Interior
2,930 Posts
Most states have laws regarding tinting windows, not just Iowa. Some enforcement is more stringent in many states also. If you don't want to invite being pulled over, read your state laws and obey them.

Marv

·
Registered
SOLD - 2010 CTS4 Premium Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere Interior
2,930 Posts
There are several sites that list state requirements for tinting.

QUOTE]

vfaninva,

I'm getting Norton reports that your link is hiding a Trojan. I would remove the link, just in case Norton Knows what it's talking about.

Marv

NOTE: VFANINVA REMOVED THE LINK!

·
Registered
2012 V Coupe Black Raven, 2011 CTS Premium Coupe Black Raven, 2010 CTS Premium Sedan
176 Posts
How anybody can go WITHOUT tint I'll never know! Ur car looks fantastic! Getting tinted windows is as good as getting new wheels and tires. It just changes the car/truck so much!! Thank God Texas has awesome tint laws!!

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,339 Posts
PA has those laws too. Over a dozen in the PA vehicle code. As the song goes...I fought the law, and I won. That is how the song goes, right? :) Oh yea, I cited my ticket in my defense. The one the cop wrote me up on clearly stated that you had to be able to see through the window. Of those references, only one specifically states you need a doctors note for a medical condition...the rest say as long as you can see through it. I just so happened to NOT mention the one instance where the medical note was necessary, and the cop couldn't produce the exact part of the vehicle code that stated it. I did provide each and every other part in the code to the judge. While it was fun winning, I eventually did remove the tint at a later date due to fading and it was my decision, not his. :yup:

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac CTS4
3 Posts
Looks GREAT. I have a pearl white CTS that I hope to get tinted here soon. I plan to do either 35% or 15% through out (not the windshield though)

·
Registered
2012 CTS BLACK-DIAMOND COUPE
19 Posts
Your pics are great! Makes the car a great driving experience.

Here is my '12 Black Diamond and Black interior with 3M 35% entire car and 3M crystalline 70% on windshield. I prefer the even shade with the tint for a more balanced look.

image-956972942.jpg

·
Registered
'10 CTS4 3.6L Wagon prem; '06 STS 3.6L base; '98 Seville STS
2,341 Posts
having a wagon, i had to tint it asap (or get a cargo shade)...18% all around (except windshield), look in from the rear looks like a mirror until you lean down to see the light from the front windshield. didnt want the 5% limo tint so i went with the next option

1 - 19 of 19 Posts