Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade EXT
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,
The worst thing happened today. I woke up this morning from the maintanance people in my apartment people telling me my rims had been stolen. I went down to the "gated garage" in the basement of my apartment complex and foudn my ext on three jacks lifted up and all the wheels were gone. Secutriy sayt they didnt see anything and im wondering how people cant see 4 23" rims rolling down a parking lot. I am shocked and still shocked I thought it was all a dream hoping that I would wake up.
I also had locks on these rims but being stupid I kept the locks in the glove campartment in my car. Now I wanted to know how they got into my car without the stock alarm going off. The officer showed me a hole right underneath the drivers door handle. This is the reason for the subject of this message. This crooks were able to unlock my car from just popping out the doorhandle and turning the keyhole from inside without the alarm going off. Im just trying to say becareful because the stock alarm on his car seems to be sh+t. And if anyone sees any 23" Giovanna Capri's on sale at a dirt cheap price and lives in southern california please tell me. Thank you

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
Thats sucks!!!!!!!!!! What excuses does the Apartment Com[plex got for allowing this to happen? When I used to live in apartments I used to rent only those that had a garage to park my cars in. Sure I paid extra for it, but it was worth it.

·
Registered
Escalade EXT
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They have no clue how the person could have gotten in. I would like to know what are the ways I can stop this from happening? I am sure that most of the people on this forum know more about car alarms than i do. I would like to know what is the best thing i can do for my to make it will be safe. Ive been readin up on how remote alarm systems can be bypassed with this "code breaker" device so what is the best way to make sure your car will be okay? Please any advice would do. Thank you

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
fast66 said:
Hey Everyone,
The worst thing happened today. I woke up this morning from the maintanance people in my apartment people telling me my rims had been stolen. I went down to the "gated garage" in the basement of my apartment complex and foudn my ext on three jacks lifted up and all the wheels were gone. Secutriy sayt they didnt see anything and im wondering how people cant see 4 23" rims rolling down a parking lot. I am shocked and still shocked I thought it was all a dream hoping that I would wake up.
I also had locks on these rims but being stupid I kept the locks in the glove campartment in my car. Now I wanted to know how they got into my car without the stock alarm going off. The officer showed me a hole right underneath the drivers door handle. This is the reason for the subject of this message. This crooks were able to unlock my car from just popping out the doorhandle and turning the keyhole from inside without the alarm going off. Im just trying to say becareful because the stock alarm on his car seems to be sh+t. And if anyone sees any 23" Giovanna Capri's on sale at a dirt cheap price and lives in southern california please tell me. Thank you

Very sad news. :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
fast66 said:
They have no clue how the person could have gotten in. I would like to know what are the ways I can stop this from happening? I am sure that most of the people on this forum know more about car alarms than i do. I would like to know what is the best thing i can do for my to make it will be safe. Ive been readin up on how remote alarm systems can be bypassed with this "code breaker" device so what is the best way to make sure your car will be okay? Please any advice would do. Thank you
Sorry to hear about the wheels :mad: Do you think the security could have had something to do with it? The same thing happened to my brother at work around 5pm and nobody saw a thing. We figured the secuirty took a break while his friends went to work. They actually tried to hotwier the truck but didn't think to look for the kill switch. They shorted his alarm and blew the fuse. I would hold the complex responsible.

·
Registered
just one
1,386 Posts
fast66 said:
Hey Everyone,
To what extent are the police involved? Also, has this ever happened before at the same place to other people? Look into the history and reputation of the security people working that shift with their manager and whomever hired them... Good luck, horrible news. :eek:

·
Registered
Escalade EXT
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AirJigga25 said:
To what extent are the police involved? Also, has this ever happened before at the same place to other people? Look into the history and reputation of the security people working that shift with their manager and whomever hired them... Good luck, horrible news. :eek:
The police have put a detective on the case to see what they could do. But also Id like to point out that exactly one week before this happened o foudn a nail in the sidewall of my tire which meant that it cant be repaired so i would have to buy a new tire. I searched every store in the area for the tire and only one shop had it. It was a Discount Tires in the Chula Vista area of San Diego. I gave them my information not even thinking of anything bad happening from me giving my address to such a reputable and big company. I still dont know who stole the wheels and I dont want to blame anyone just yet. Im just hoping there are finger prints on the rim's lugnutz that they left behind. ALso i believe some cars in the same complex were broken into within the past year but all for their stereos. I would also like to Thank Everyone who has helped me out so far on this forum. You have all been very understanding and I really appreciate every bit of advice given to me. Thank you all.

·
Registered
Escalade EXT
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went to the Cadillac dealership today and asked them to look and see how they got into the car. The technician there looked at and he wanted to see how they did it too. . All he did was jsut stick a screwdriver in the hole right under the door handle then the door opens. Then he opened the door too. He did this 5 times and only three times the alarm went off but he said thats because he didnt give it enough time for the security to come on. I asked why i didnt hear he told me that all they have to do open the door and then set the alarm then leave the car adn go somewhere and wait for the alarm to turn off after 2 minutes. The 2 minutes is so it wont drain the battery. If someone was breaking into my car I think i'd want the battery to finish.

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Sorry to hear that. We also live in a "security" building, with locked parkade. Two weeks ago, someone simply waited in the bushes by the door, which closes slowly, and snuk in. Several cars were broken into, especially the ones where cd's and jackets were left in plain vision. I am lucky my Caddy, as well as my buddies Mercedes right beside me were untouched! One thing people should do if they come home late in the dark, is wait by the door when your just in with the car so you could see someone "sneak in."

·
Registered
23 Posts
fast66 said:
Hey Everyone,
Sorry to hear of your loss. Besides what other people have mentioned, one other way this occurs is that the thief may live in the complex. I have a gate, razor-wire and guard-gated condominium near LAX, and a few years ago we had multiple break-ins inside the complex -- only to find out that it was a resident who was doing so.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts