Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So tonight I was out cruising around like you do in a Cadillac, and I pulled up next to two high schoolers in a stock midnight blue '03 Neon SXT. And they look over at me, and it must have been something about how i am dressed today, because usually people dont wanna race me, but these kids did. The light turns green and they floor it, and I do too. and I went to about 70, I had them beat by about 1.5 car lengths at 70. So I got into the next lane, and they did the typical ricer fly by and then cut me off. I laughed. I beat their neon in a granny car!

Later on, I pulled up next to another high school age girl in a late '90s Saturn SL1, and she looks over at me and gives me this wierd look. then the light turns green and she nails it. And im thinking "No way am i letting this saturn go, they dont get easier than this!" So I nail it, and at about 30, im already a car length ahead of her. This is one of those streets where two lanes merge into one, so I had to cut her off :tisk: I felt bad about that, then she tailgated me for a while.

Street Racing is exciting, but I always feel like an ass after doing it. :helpless:
But, im glad i did it and i've got the memories to look back on when i get older :D

Oh yeah:

2003 Dodge Neon SXT: 0-60 in 8.4, 1/4 mile in 16.6 @85 mph
2000 Saturn SL1: 0-60 in 8.7, 1/4 mile in 16.8 @ 84 mph

statistics obtainted from www.car-stats.com

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
Hehe cool, sounds like you had a good day.

I on the other hand, got my ass STOMPED by a 5.0. I could hear he had a nasty cam but no supercharger or turbos... We raced up a long, 2 lane freeway onramp so we had it up to 80 or so, and by then he had 2-3 bus lengths on me. Got off at the offramp and next to him at a light, found out he was spraying a 150 shot.

·
Banned
1976 Eldorado project
1,631 Posts
davesdeville said:

I on the other hand, got my ass STOMPED by a 5.0. I could hear he had a nasty cam but no supercharger or turbos... We raced up a long, 2 lane freeway onramp so we had it up to 80 or so, and by then he had 2-3 bus lengths on me. Got off at the offramp and next to him at a light, found out he was spraying a 150 shot.
Haha aw bummer. On the other hand, it's cool that some of these guys still do actual engine work instead of a fart can, wing, and some lame graphics.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
davesdeville said:

Sounds like you had some fun, a stock 5.0 should be able to keep up with your eldorado pretty easily. I believe they both ran high 14's in the quarter mile.

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
I~LUV~Caddys8792 said:
Sounds like you had some fun, a stock 5.0 should be able to keep up with your eldorado pretty easily. I believe they both ran high 14's in the quarter mile.
A stock 5.0 is actually a couple tenths slower than my particular car, as I showed a couple weeks ago at ABQ Dragway. Stock ETC vs stock 5.0 would be closer but the ETC would still win out.

terrible one said:
Haha aw bummer. On the other hand, it's cool that some of these guys still do actual engine work instead of a fart can, wing, and some lame graphics.
Yeah, and this guy had the right idea - performance before looks. It was fugly but it sure handed me my ass... Although things would be different if I decide to go ahead and throw a T70 on the ETC.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A Northstar will take a T70?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts