Registered
2008 V6 SRX4
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2004 SRX V6 AWD
741 Posts
So far the part I like best is that "no-mess" cartridge oil filter you change from the top. (the Ecotec four cyl also has that design). It actually adds a lot of manufacturing cost to do this type of housing, but it's really nice for maintenance. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2013 Lexus RX350, Satin Cashmere Metallic
341 Posts
I agree,so easy to change filter as I do my own with Mobil 1...also I love the lugging power of this v6,,,I drove a friends Toyota Highlander, and what a gutless piece of crap..it shifted with a gust of wind, and I was really dissapointed!! But I am not a Toyota/Honda person at all!!:thepan:

·
Registered
05 SRX
35 Posts
Agree, I love the ease of changing the oil filter!! I switched over from M1 to Castrol 0w30 (German Castrol) and the engine is running nicely (and quietly)!

·
Registered
2004 SRX V6 AWD
741 Posts
Agree, I love the ease of changing the oil filter!! I switched over from M1 to Castrol 0w30 (German Castrol) and the engine is running nicely (and quietly)!
That German Castrol with the "magic esters" really did a good job in cleaning out the oil rings on my old Saturn. Cut oil consumption from 1qt/1000 mi to 1qt/5000 mi after a couple of oil change intervals of operation.

·
Registered
2008 V6 SRX4
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah...now if we could just find some mods to squeeze and extra 20-30 Horsies from the engine that would be awesome!....I just hope the engine stays as solid as it is today (4k miles) for another 80k since at the depreciation rate of this car I will be keeping it for a longggg time.

·
Registered
2008 V6 SRX4
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that german castrol sure sounds interesting, EDVANP where are you located, I think you can run that stuff year round right?....looks like a trip to my local autozone is in my future. I only have 4k miles on my engine (about 72% oil life left) but I was thinking of doing the first change at 5-6k anyway, will consider the german stuff. There is info all over the web as to how good the german castrol is.

·
Registered
05 SRX
35 Posts
I'm in Michigan and there are a lot of guys who run it year round. It's a very good oil and highly thought of in the "Bob is the oil guy" circles (website). Keep an eye on the Autozone deals. They are due for an oil/filter special for Castrol. That's when I pick mine up. :bouncy:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts