Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So , coming down to visit my dad after a hole year (covid). His deville -92 runs like shit! missing some cyl, no speedo,no ac, no fcm.... and after a mile or 10 miles it all off a sudden comes back....and the it goes again, back and forth.
I'm probably going to take this home and start troubleshooting....but, been searching some and my guess is some ground issue or a bad ecm,bcm. I can't figure out whats the differnce bcm (body control module) or ecm (engin control module)

Skickat från min SM-G973F via Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the "service veichle soon" lamp is on when it runs bad,turns off when it goes back to normal.

Can figure out witch of these 2 modules that doesen't control some of the functions that goes out. That way I can narrow it down s t s.

·
Registered
70 Deville 78 Seville 92 Deville 03 Deville
1,001 Posts
It might be two separate problems. BCM failures are very common and MAP sensor failure is fairly common. You should check the OBD to see where that leads you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We just got home and I discoverd that the coolant fans doesent work either when this happend.....so it overheated in the parkinlot

E codes :

EE code(?):

F code:

hillarious
Never pulled that may codes ever on any veichle

So some maf sensor codes but alot(!) others

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a high tick (!?) randomly from the distributior....and e code 12 & 53....

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
88,310 Posts
Codes without their definitions are just numbers. Help us help you and always post the definitions along with the codes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Codes without their definitions are just numbers. Help us help you and always post the definitions along with the codes.
Sorry, offcorse. Little stressful with a car that you maybe get home with or not .
I'll repost with defenitions...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll got
E12 - no distributior signal
E23 - est signal problem
E31 - shorted map sensor signal
E32 - open map sensor signal
E48 - egr system problem
E53 - distributior signal interupt
E71 -. intermittent map sensor signal
E73 - intermittent coolant temp sensor signal
E91 - PNRDL switch problem

then I also got a EE48

F32 -. bcm ecm data problem

Cleared all codes and got these after second run:

E12 - no distributior signal
E53 - distributior signal interupt
E73 - intermittent coolant temp sensor signal
E91 - PNRDL switch problem

and also a EE91. No F codes(bcm)

After second run I lost ps and alt because the belt sliped off the waterpump ..... due to waterpump pulley are all loose and rattely so guess a new waterpump is in order. Shouldn't there be a waring light for high engine temp??

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
88,310 Posts
Holy shit Batman! The one constant that I see is the "no signal". All those components can't fail at the same time. Might start by checking all the grounds and you may need a FSM or a subscription to ALLDATADIY to locate them all. I think I'd start with the ECU and engine grounds.

Shouldn't there be a waring light for high engine temp??
Yes, but not for an intermittent signal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts