Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
ATS 2.0T Luxury AWD
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys and gals. I have been replacing parts and i am sick of throwing money at this thing. I was wondering if anyone had any idea what a sound like a spring and pop when turning the steering wheel. Cadillac dealership was no help. they blamed it on my BC coilovers, but I replaced the pillow ball mounts and spring purchase isolaters on those too and nothing... im at a loss. I own a 2013 ATS LUX AWD. on the suspension I have bc racing coilovers and moog all metal sway bar links are the only thing i have modified. I have also replaced all the steering joints from the gear box to the steering wheel.

·
Registered
Charger Scat Pack- Auto/Corvette LS3-Auto
2,430 Posts
Disconnect them and tie them so they don't get the way or rattle. Now take it for a ride.

·
Registered
ATS 2.0T Luxury AWD
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How many miles? Ball joint could be worn, or a tie rod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had the stealership look at all tie rods and axle/suspension stuff and they claim its the coilovers. it has snowed here for the past week and a half so I havent been able to work on it. :(

·
Registered
ATS 2.0T Luxury AWD
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
side note, moog metal swaybar links are all metal?! oooo might have to look that up.
yeah man I had one of my plastic ones snap so I found those and they called them the problem solvers lol.
MOOG K750680 Left side (AWD)
MOOG K750681 Right Side (AWD)

if you are interested. got mine from rockauto.com

·
Registered
ATS 2.0T Luxury AWD
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so I took the whole thing apart on both sides. replaced the pillow mounts on each coilover along with the plastic inserts for the springs. adjusted preload. put it all back together and still loud as hell...
I think I am going to disconnect the anti sway bar on both sides to see if that cures the issue.

·
Registered
ATS 2.0T Luxury AWD
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well I took the long weekend to mess around with my suspension and figured out what the damn clicking was when turning the steering wheel. when Cadillac replaced my engine they didnt tighten down my steering rack completely..... two weeks in the shop they replaced practically all my steering column. they returned it to me and told me it was my BC racing coilovers. interesting to me it didnt make a sound until they touched it. they had a Master Technician of 35+ years work on it... that guy should be fired. wtf is wrong with dealers these days? had my wife turn the wheel while it was on jack stands and took me 5 minutes to see what was happening. WOW just WOW. these are the guys that are supposed to know our cars. and they know nothing more than a street mechanic like myself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts