Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
SoCadillac said:
Has anyone here installed BBS wheels on their CTS? If so, any photographs? Thanks.
they don't make one for our bolt pattern. Hence the bbs like wheel with bbs like spec on my car
19x8.5 with crazy amounts of load rating

·
Registered
CTS
531 Posts
No BBS wheels are made. However!! There sister company ASA does make one of the Crosslace rims that do fit. The ASA AR1 are the only rim that fits. They coming in silver, back, crome.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
PAW 47 said:
No BBS wheels are made. However!! There sister company ASA does make one of the Crosslace rims that do fit. The ASA AR1 are the only rim that fits. They coming in silver, back, crome.
ASA wheels may look like bbs but they're not.
1. they are cast wheels
2. Not as light as bbs
3. Not as strong as bbs

·
Registered
CTS
531 Posts
BBS light.. I have yet to see a set of BBS rims what come in weighting less then 25lbs. Unless its a racing rim... BBS does own ASA, and has licenced them to build there older style rims. ASA AR1's are fairly light and a good set of wheels for a 2 piece alloy and come in at 25lbs for a 19" rim.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PAW 47 said:
BBS does own ASA, and has licensed them to build there older style rims.
I am looking for the connection between the two on the internet. Can you please reference a link of such? I am a bit surprised that BBS is making a secondary wheel(s) through another subsidiary, but I could be incorrect. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Devil_concours said:
ASA wheels may look like bbs but they're not.
1. they are cast wheels
2. Not as light as bbs
3. Not as strong as bbs
When you get to the larger diameter wheels, you really need a forged wheel. Yours look very nice. I only want to go as large as 18 inch as I live in SoCal and the roads are getting to have so much debris and potholes, that I want a rim that can withstand abuse and remain inflated, so I need more tire between the rim and the road.

·
Registered
CTS
531 Posts
Well, I stand correct.. But they are a nice looking wheel and do fit our cars.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Devil C, with the 8.5" width do you ever experience any problems with turning and brushing a fender? or anything negative like that? the wheels i want are 8.5's and i wanted to be sure. they're 18" though, not 19"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts