Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
01 DTS, 05 Vette, 09 Ram 1500
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a dumb question, but here it goes. The battery on my 01 dts is under the back seat, but I was told by a dude at Wal-Mart that there are probably terminals (for instance to give someone a boost) under the hood somewhere. Is he right? I haven't seen them...

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
He is correct. There is a small box on the passenger side with a flip up cover. You should see a positive (red) battery cable running to it.

·
Registered
01 DTS, 05 Vette, 09 Ram 1500
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, cool. I guess then all you would have to do is just look for something metal for ground, huh. Thank you.

·
Registered
1998 Deville D'Elegance
133 Posts
Ranger is 100% correct there is a black/charcoal plastic box near the passenger's side fender under the hood with a single terminal under it, this is your positive, choose a GOOD ground not too close so the cables don't touch. Surprised a little that Wal-Mart new about that :)

·
Registered
2011 DTS
46 Posts
The ground is a metal tab about 3/4" wide sticking up close to the power steering pump: it has a negative sign (I think) on the face of it. Check your owner's manual for a picture.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
The pressure hose going into the power steering pump works pretty good as a ground, at least for temporary starting purposes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts