Cadillac Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would strongly recommend the Pro Logix PL2320. It is an intelligent charger/maintainer that works on agm, lead flooded and gel batteries. Many maintainer/tender only units will not charge a battery but maintain the state of charge present at hook up. This charger/maintainer also compensated for temperature changes.

·
Registered
2008 SRX
18 Posts
as for Battery Tenders remember that Battery Tender is a name used by Deltran for theirs...I have used Deltran Battery Tender Plus' for my cars and cars I take care of since 2001 without issues...on the CTS I use the connections under the hood...on the left side when standing in front of your car...

Bill
The Deltran Battery tender has a two piece cord so you can permanently hook it up to the battery posts and connect to the Tender while parked at home. It is a great unit for keeping your battery in top shape and will never over charge your battery.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,823 Posts
The Deltran Battery tender has a two piece cord so you can permanently hook it up to the battery posts and connect to the Tender while parked at home. It is a great unit for keeping your battery in top shape and will never over charge your battery.
Easily available at Costco as well

Reactions: silversport

·
Registered
2012 SRX4 Premium
191 Posts
Even though this thread seems to have taken a major detour, thought I'd try to make a helpful post. Batteries lose a very small amount of charge per mo. So unless your mothballing her for a year, a tender is likely not needed. One bit of caution. I used to keep my bike on a tender for the 5 or 6 mos that it is too cold to ride. Turns out my batteries lasted quite a bit longer without it. The tender kept the battery gassing which led to a loss of electrolyte. I know it sounds wrong, but since I've gone to just trickle charging the batt a couple times over the winter, my battery is lasting twice as long. This is on a bike though, which doesn't draw power constantly like our cars do, so your mileage may vary. I just question anymore if you gain anything by using a tender. Think if it were me, I'd just remove the battery entirely if I had to park the Caddy for a significant amount of time.

·
Registered
96 FWB
875 Posts
I bet the OP bought his CTS as a former rental from Hertz.
I got IT!

Why is it I always think clearer with a good night's sleep after a double Manhattan? And wine. And digestives.

The 'execs giving themselves $16M bonuses and then filing bankruptcy is certainly a charged topic, but both hands right over my head on the co. name.

Even though this thread seems to have taken a major detour, thought I'd try to make a helpful post. .......
Yep, sometimes a poster is fortunate enough to query on a topic just about guaranteed to net the most productive results after just 2 handfuls of responses, and true to form everyone got there with the first dozen. So it's just been an outpouring of pent-up pun penning ever since.

Next up: Alliterations

Reactions: tinman

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,823 Posts
I'd rather focus on onomatopoeia.

Reactions: silversport

·
Registered
2009 CTS 3.6L DI rebuilt to FE3 J55 G80 3.42:1
905 Posts
I used to keep my bike on a tender for the 5 or 6 mos that it is too cold to ride. Turns out my batteries lasted quite a bit longer without it. The tender kept the battery gassing which led to a loss of electrolyte. I know it sounds wrong, but since I've gone to just trickle charging the batt a couple times over the winter, my battery is lasting twice as long. This is on a bike though, which doesn't draw power constantly like our cars do, so your mileage may vary. I just question anymore if you gain anything by using a tender. Think if it were me, I'd just remove the battery entirely if I had to park the Caddy for a significant amount of time.
It is wrong, and was a result of using a "dumb" trickle charger. A good battery maintainer like one from CTEK can be left on the battery for months or years, keeping charged without damage from overcharging and electrolysing the acid.

·
Registered
14,823 Posts
Allright, which one of you wankers changed the title?

Reactions: FunkZ

·
Registered
96 FWB
875 Posts
WAH Wah waaaahhhh Hey, inadvertant miniskule typos are proteched by the Constipation anyway!

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
9,185 Posts

·
Registered
14,823 Posts

·
Registered
14,823 Posts

·
Registered
96 FWB
875 Posts
NO NO! Don't change a thing!

With all the hrubbub and now this latest coverup I finally caved. I've heard of Tinder before. And I've heard of dating apps. And I've even heard of Swipe Right. I just never would've guessed that place was anything more than a bunch of 'tweens Like-ing and Un-Like-ing each other every day. So finally,

41 - 60 of 60 Posts