Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
None
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2019 CTS V and was wondering if the battery tender off of my 2016 Corvette Z06 will work on the CTS V? I noticed that the CTS V battery protection package does not have a cigarette lighter plug like the one for the Z06 so does the CTS V have a hot cigarette plug all the time like the Z06?

·
Registered
2017 CTS V Crystal White with carbon black
370 Posts
I just bought a 2019 CTS V and was wondering if the battery tender off of my 2016 Corvette Z06 will work on the CTS V? I noticed that the CTS V battery protection package does not have a cigarette lighter plug like the one for the Z06 so does the CTS V have a hot cigarette plug all the time like the Z06?
Shostopper,

You piqued my interest so I tried to plug in a 12volt device in both power outlets and you are right, they're not always hot. I tried this on my 2017 V.

You may have to install the supplied tail onto a battery terminal or else clip the alligator clips up front in the engine compartment or that same battery terminal in the trunk.

Richard

·
Registered
'02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum
2,520 Posts
Unless you're referring to your battery tender as an adjective, the Battery Tender, (and Battery Minder) are supplied with permanently-installed cables that attach to your battery terminals with quick-disconnects to attach them to the charger unit. Spare cables can be ordered from the vendor.

CCC

·
-Administrator-
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
66,891 Posts
Some models/brands come with a cigarette lighter plug that goes into a power port and backfeeds the system. Works OK except when the power port(s) are controlled by RAP and so shut off 10 minutes after Key: OFF.

In most of these cars the 12 volt power port fuse(s) can be configured to be always hot or shut off with RAP.

Hokey system because you would need to hang the 110VAC cord out the window. The permanent or alligator clip battery/jumper terminal connectors are better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts