Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 ATS Coupe, Premium 3.6 AWD; 2005 Mercedes SLK roadster; 2003 Suburban
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to replace what I think is the original battery in my 2015. (What's easier - pulling the engine or pulling the battery in an ATS? I think it is a tie. Done to drive owners to the dealer when it's time to replace?)

I'm curious as to what the electronic module is that is encased in black plastic and is part of the positive cable assembly.

I have yet to pull the cables off but have been able to pry the the plastic "thing" on the positive cable up a small amount in order to try and look under for a date code on the top of the battery without success. Can the original OEM battery possibly not have a date code? I can't seem to find any short string of numbers beginning with P or S.

Lastly, when disconnecting the battery, I'm concerned about losing pre-sets or otherwise having to re-enter preferences in CUE settings. Would it be wise to connect my battery tender to the + and - posts under the hood before disconnecting the battery?

·
Registered
Charger Scat Pack- Auto/Corvette LS3-Auto
2,464 Posts
Yup... Battery R&R is real PITA on the ATS.
There are a couple good Youtube videos on how to do this. It takes longer to get to the battery than actually replacing the battery.

On my POS Scat Pack.... naah lol

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 ATS Coupe, Premium 3.6 AWD; 2005 Mercedes SLK roadster; 2003 Suburban
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. Don't need the you tube videos - know how to do it. What say about the black plastic "thingy" that covers the entire positive half of the battery and my concern about losing pre-sets?

·
Registered
Charger Scat Pack- Auto/Corvette LS3-Auto
2,464 Posts
IIRC the black plastic thingy just pops off. Battery Tender hooked the main cables should work.

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T Auto.
23 Posts
Thanks for your reply. Don't need the you tube videos - know how to do it. What say about the black plastic "thingy" that covers the entire positive half of the battery and my concern about losing pre-sets?
Like the above posted go to youtube and watch and learn! Good info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts