Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, winter is coming, and I plan to store my Blackwing. Does anyone have any recommendations on battery maintainers? I saw a thread about a CTEK maintainer a few years ago but curious if anyone has tried them or similar products. Or does any maintainer work? I just don't want to damage the AGM battery.

· Administrator
2002 F55 STS, 2014 Explorer XLT, F-150
79,967 Posts
They're all satisfactory but, because the AGM requires different charging/voltage protocols, make sure the maintainer is adaptable to AGM batteries.

· Super Moderator
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
18,169 Posts
Hello, winter is coming, and I plan to store my Blackwing. Does anyone have any recommendations on battery maintainers? I saw a thread about a CTEK maintainer a few years ago but curious if anyone has tried them or similar products. Or does any maintainer work? I just don't want to damage the AGM battery.
It may have been my thread.
I have 2 CTEK units and they both have an AGM selection-- great products.

· Super Moderator
2011 SRX4 3.0 4WD, Luxury
4,309 Posts
I use "battery buddy on all my rigs get it on amazon, for daily drivers i snake the pigtail out to a convenient location, for storage do what ya want to, i think direct battery connection is the best

· Super Moderator
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
18,169 Posts
Thanks for the info, I will definitely be picking up a CTEK.

Should it be connected to the terminals under the hood or directly to the battery in the trunk?
Either will suffice.
I purchased a cig lighter (aux port) adapter and run my CTEK through that on my CTS.

Reactions: phrozen99

· Registered
2014 CTS4 Sport Wagon*2016 CTS V-Sport Premium
3,902 Posts
I've had good luck with Battery Tender Plus units from Deltran since 2001...the CTEK units are highly recommended as well...I've not had good luck with the maintainers from Harbor Freight...

good luck with your choice...

Bill

· Registered
2023 CT4V Blackwing 6MT Black Raven/Sky Cool Gray
54 Posts
I love my NOCOs. I've got a genius 5 and a genius 10. They're very well built, do maintenance, charging, and repair. They work with standard, AGM, and lithium batteries. Amazon usually has a deal.

· Registered
2013 ATS 3.6 Premium RWD
465 Posts
Also use a NOCO Genius - just the 1 amp ($30 on Amazon right now), since it really doesn't need much. It did take over a day though to charge my Mercury Milan winter car to "green" after it had sat un-tended for 4 months.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts