Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 SRX Performance, 2013 CTS-V
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife just got home from shopping with the 2014 SRX and left it in the driveway. I helped unloading the packages and started it up to park it in the garage. When I shut it off in the garage I happened to see some text on the nav screen about low battery, just as I opened the car door and of course then everything shuts off. I have not noticed this message before, so I was wondering if this means my battery is actually low.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I never gave that any thought. When it happened the wife's fob was in use. When I went out to check it I used my fob and it didn't have the low battery text. I also checked the battery and it was at 12.68 so it should be okay. I will go check the car with the wife's fob.
I always back the car out and into the garage for my wife. I put her purse in the car with her fob in it. That way I know she wont drive away without her fob. That means her fob gets the majority of the use, so it is quite possible that it needs a new battery.
Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2014 S550
1,653 Posts
If the fob bat is low, you will get horn chirps as a reminder also. When you said you checked the battery, was it the truck battery of the fob battery? Foe piece of mind, replace both fob batteries. It is not an impossibility tat you could have a bad cell in the OEM battery. You have a Group Size 48. You will need to have it tested from the Dealer since it will be covered under B2B if you are still within. If you do need to replace the battery, take a look at the ACDelco AGM battery instead of the wet stock battery. Way superior than the wet batteries. Do a search in the forum. I did a write up on replacement with pictures if you want to do a DYI and you are out of your warrantee.

·
Registered
2012 SRX Performance FWD
1,599 Posts
There's no way you should need a new key fob battery for a 2014. My wife has driven hers pretty much every day for 2.5 years and no problems.

Maybe the purse is masking the signal and that's why it thinks the battery is low?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked the engine battery. I started and stopped the SRX several times using my fob and her fob, but did not get any message on the NAV screen. I'm also thinking that the fob may of been behind something in my wife's purse that weakened the signal.
Thanks for the replies,
Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts