Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
Mine is a '18 CT6 Platinum and wifes is '14 SRX
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 CT6 Platinum and battery is dead after sitting 4-5 days. Brand new battery and still does same thing, so obviously there is a parasitic load causing this.

Never had a car that couldn't sit for a couple of weeks and hold a charge. Pretty frustrating. At Caddy dealer now trying to get resolved.

Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
16 Posts
My 2018 CT6 Platinum sat unused for 7 weeks while I was up north for the holidays, and did not have any problems. I believe an AGM battery is standard equipment on these.

Steve

·
Registered
CT6 & Escalade
273 Posts
This happened to me. Also noticed that the Auto Stop feature wasn't working (which I sure didn't complain about.)
Brought it in to the dealer. Had the car back the next day. Defective battery. 100% warranty.
Seems like I am hearing this from more than one 2018 CT6 owner.

In our case, it wasn't a parasitic load.

·
Registered
2020 CT6 Premium Luxury 3.6L Raven Black - Dk Auburn
70 Posts
Interesting. I had my SuperCruise update done from Tuesday (1/15) to Friday (1/18) last week (yes, the dealer took it Tuesday, brought it back on Friday). During the time they had it, OnStar sent me an email (see below).

Advanced Diagnostics: This is a Diagnostic Alert for your Cadillac CT6
The battery in your 2018 Cadillac CT6 is critically low. Start your vehicle as soon as possible and let the engine run to charge the battery.

Hopefully this is not a sign of things to come. BTW, did any of you receive one of these when your battery went dead?

·
Registered
CT6 & Escalade
273 Posts
No warning here.
Just very interesting how the Auto Stop function never worked from Day 1.
(which I was happy about... saved me from manually turning it off all the time!)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got a call from dealer yesterday and he stated it was the Center Stack CUE screen that had a fault in it and not allowing it to completely shut down / turn off, killing battery. They replaced the screen and we'll see if that was indeed the problem.

Only a bit of time sitting idle in the cold weather will tell.

·
Registered
'18 CT6 Platinum 3.6L
15 Posts
My battery has died twice with no notice from OnStar. I do remember getting a notice from OnStar about a low battery while the dealer had the car for an update to Super Cruise in late May but none since.

The car sat for 7 days the first time but only 4 days the second time. The battery was replaced after the second failure.

I've noticed that the Battery Voltage meter reads 15.2 volts on occasions for more that 20 minutes while driving. I don't know if this is normal or not but I will have the dealer look at it during the next oil change.

·
Registered
2018 CT6 Platinum 3.0TT
23 Posts
My battery on my car died while at the dealer. They replaced it and it died again on them. They said it is fine now but I have a feeling it is not

·
Registered
2019 XTS Prem Lux AWD Phantom Gray/Ebony traded 2017 CT6 Prem Lux AWD Stellar Blk
988 Posts
For those of you who are experiencing battery run down you might try keeping your door locked as much as possible especially over night. I had this problem with a 2014 Jaguar XJ AWD and one of the recommendations while Jaguar was working on a fix was that the doors be kept locked as much as possible. The reason for this was that when you turned the car off the car would runs through a few programs, Cadillac’s do the same. When the doors were unlocked the programs for whatever reason might continue to run for long periods of time but when you locked the doors the programs would cease to run almost immediately.
I am not saying that this is the case with your car but it might be worth a try.
I do not know if or when Jaguar came up with a solution as I later traded out of the car for the CT6. I do know that the battery in the Jaguar never died after I started keeping the doors locked as often as I could especially at night. I did not trade the car for this reason.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Doors are never unlocked, as they lock as soon as I walk away. So that is definitely not the problem. But thanx for the suggestion.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes our 2018 CT6 Platinum dead battery in our garage at home. They suggested to move where we hung the key fob in our home as the headlights were coming on. Had car towed to dealer battery replaced. Have since had a Super Cruise update as well. Then parked at airport for eight days. Car completely dead fob would not allow access inside. Roadside came jumped battery tested fine nothing since. Frustrated to say the least

·
Registered
Prev: 2018 ATS 2.0T NOW: 2020 CT4-V JR
2,514 Posts
Roadside may have only tested the battery and charging system. I doubt Roadside or AAA will spend the time to find
what drained the battery.

The Dealer will need to find what is drawing down the battery and/or why the car isn't shutting that down after 10 minutes.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Since dealer replaced the center stack CUE screen, have not had a problem with the battery going dead.

·
Registered
2018 CT6 Premium Luxury
130 Posts
Just went out to get a pair of sunglasses out of my CT6 and it was completely dead again. Battery is now on the charger. It was perfectly fine before a 400 mile trip on the 23rd of March and hasn't moved since I returned. Whatever is killing the battery is apparently back.

·
Registered
2018 CT6 Premium Luxury
130 Posts
I'm now in day 2 of trying to get my CT6 towed to the dealer. While roadside is indeed 24/7, service providers where I live are not. I couldn't get it towed last night and had to start over today. We've discovered the car is stuck in PARK and will not go into neutral. A call to the dealer revealed there a process of removing the side trim panel to access the shift override but neither I or the wrecker driver could get it to work. So, he's left in the flatbed to go get a wrecker with dollies to drag it out of my garage.

Decidedly not happy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, twice my battery has died.. keep your key fob as far from the car as possible.. and if it does happen, you have to get to trunk and disconnect to battery, both terminals. Charge it there in the trunk and not the terminals under the hood. If you try to charge using under hood terminals, it never charges, so yes, something is pulling a load that needs to be stopped/reset. Pull the cables off, charge the battery, then reconnect. This will last a awhile before it happens again. Been 9 months so far and everything is good so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 78 Posts