Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Deville
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the battery on my 94 Deville about 6 months ago. I haven't had any issues unless the car sits for about 2 weeks without being started. If that happens, the battery is dead. A couple of days ago I got in the car after driving it for about an hour, and the battery was dead. I was able to jump it with a jump box. Once it is started, everything seems fine. I have good lights and everything so the charging system appears to be working. I can't figure out why the battery is not charging. I took it home and put it on a slow charge for a few hours until the battery showed a full charge. The car started right up just it should. A few hours later and it was dead again!

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
I use a trickle charger on my GMs perhaps twice per week. Parasitic effect is bad. Neighbors must think I have lousy cars or batteries.

·
Registered
94 Deville
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I removed the battery and then connected the hot and ground to an ohm meter and it showed continuity. Should there be a loop or should these cables be isolated?

·
Registered
94 Deville
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had the battery tested this morning. It was holding 12.5 volts but only 18 amps! Now the question will be did I just get a hold of a bad battery or is something killing the battery?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts