Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all ... New to this forum ... I have a 1992 Cadillac Sedan Deville ... Been a great car, was given to my wife by her granddad after he passed. It has 86k plus ... I initially was lurking to find an answer for a question about an issue that seems to be encountered with these Caddys, .. low battery issue/battery disconnected ... when resolved the car turns over but it only stays running a couple seconds ... you have to turn the key off and then restart it and the same thing happens, but it won't fire if the key is not re-positioned.This has happened once before about 2 years ago or so and it resolved itself this time after I had my wife start the car and I squirted gas down the closed TB for about ... 20-25 seconds and it kept idling! .... seems to be fine just like the first time .. which I thought was just a fluke and it might be. Thought I'd pass the experience on. What do the forum members think was the issue? or might still be .... oh, definitely never let these cars go below half full .... real hard on 'em (fuel pumps) ... ask me how I know ... why didn't they have an access hole to replace that thing, didn't they on the later ones?

...... David

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,284 Posts
I had my wife start the car and I squirted gas down the closed TB for about ... 20-25 seconds and it kept idling
Sounds like a fuel pump. Check your fuel pressure.

why didn't they have an access hole to replace that thing, didn't they on the later ones?
The Deville's got the fuel pump access panel in 2000.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a similar issue where it will cut off and I’ll lose power steering, etc. and need to turn the key and restart but if I keep my foot on the throttle when I restart and never let up, it doesn’t happen. I had to double foot it home :LOL:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts