Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello new to the forum and to my 2007 DTS. The display on my dash for the heat and AC was not working so I bought a used one on Ebay. I disconnected the battery took out the old unit, and plugged in the new one. Wala! it worked. but since then my tpms system says it need to re-learn the tire locations. And in addition my new key fob does not work @ all. Called cadillac, one service rider said I have to program the new Heat/AC control to my car???? It's got to be something simple. Any assist will be appreciated.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Hello new to the forum and to my 2007 DTS. The display on my dash for the heat and AC was not working so I bought a used one on Ebay. I disconnected the battery took out the old unit, and plugged in the new one. Wala! it worked. but since then my tpms system says it need to re-learn the tire locations. And in addition my new key fob does not work @ all. Called cadillac, one service rider said I have to program the new Heat/AC control to my car???? It's got to be something simple. Any assist will be appreciated.
Service Programming System (SPS) after HVAC control module replacement
Service Programming System SPS
For step-by-step programming instructions, please refer to the techline information system (TIS) terminal.
Review the information below to ensure proper programming protocol.
Important:
DO NOT program a control module unless you are directed by a service procedure or you are directed by a General Motors Corporation service bulletin. Programming a control module at any other time will not permanently correct a customers concern.
It is essential that the Tech 2, MDI and the TIS terminal are all equipped with the latest software before performing service programming.
Due to the time requirements of programming a controller, it is recommended that an external power source be used to maintain system voltage. Stable battery voltage is critical during programming. Any fluctuation, spiking, over voltage or loss of voltage will interrupt programming. To ensure trouble-free programming, GM recommends using one of the following external power sources:
A Midtronics PSC charger
A fully charged 12V jumper or booster pack disconnected from the AC voltage supply
Some modules will require additional programming/setup events performed before or after programming.
Some vehicles may require the use of a CANDi or MDI module for programming.
Review the appropriate service information for these procedures.
DTCs may set during programming. Clear DTCs after programming is complete.
Clearing powertrain DTCs will set the Inspection/Maintenance (I/M) system status indicators to NO.
Ensure the following conditions are met before programming a control module:
Vehicle system voltage:
There is not a charging system concern. All charging system concerns must be repaired before programming a control module.
Battery voltage is greater than 12 volts but less than 16 volts. The battery must be fully charged before programming the control module.
Turn OFF or disable any system that may put a load on the vehicles battery, such as the following components:
Twilight sentinel
Interior lights
Daytime running lights (DRL)—Applying the parking brake, on most vehicles, disables the DRL system
Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems
Engine cooling fans, radio, etc.
The ignition switch must be in the proper position. SPS prompts you to turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF. DO NOT change the position of the ignition switch during the programming procedure, unless instructed to do so.
Make certain all tool connections are secure, including the following components and circuits:
Tech 2
The RS-232 communication cable port
The connection at the data link connector (DLC)
The voltage supply circuits
MDI
The USB, Ethernet or Wireless communication port
DO NOT disturb the tool harnesses while programming. If an interruption occurs during the programming procedure, programming failure or control module damage may occur.
DO NOT turn OFF the ignition if the programming procedure is interrupted or unsuccessful. Ensure that all control module and DLC connections are secure and the TIS terminal operating software is up to date. Attempt to reprogram the control module. If the control module cannot be programmed, replace the control module.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For step-by-step programming instructions, please refer to the techline information system (TIS) terminal.
Important:
DO NOT program a control module unless you are directed by a service procedure or you are directed by a General Motors Corporation service bulletin. Programming a control module at any other time will not permanently correct a customers concern.
It is essential that the Tech 2, MDI and the TIS terminal are all equipped with the latest software before performing service programming.
Due to the time requirements of programming a controller, it is recommended that an external power source be used to maintain system voltage. Stable battery voltage is critical during programming. Any fluctuation, spiking, over voltage or loss of voltage will interrupt programming. To ensure trouble-free programming, GM recommends using one of the following external power sources:
A Midtronics PSC charger
A fully charged 12V jumper or booster pack disconnected from the AC voltage supply
Some modules will require additional programming/setup events performed before or after programming.
Clearing powertrain DTCs will set the Inspection/Maintenance (I/M) system status indicators to NO.
Vehicle system voltage:
There is not a charging system concern. All charging system concerns must be repaired before programming a control module.
Battery voltage is greater than 12 volts but less than 16 volts. The battery must be fully charged before programming the control module.
Turn OFF or disable any system that may put a load on the vehicles battery, such as the following components:
Twilight sentinel
Interior lights
Daytime running lights (DRL)—Applying the parking brake, on most vehicles, disables the DRL system
The ignition switch must be in the proper position. SPS prompts you to turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF. DO NOT change the position of the ignition switch during the programming procedure, unless instructed to do so.
Make certain all tool connections are secure, including the following components and circuits:
Tech 2
MDI
DO NOT disturb the tool harnesses while programming. If an interruption occurs during the programming procedure, programming failure or control module damage may occur.
DO NOT turn OFF the ignition if the programming procedure is interrupted or unsuccessful. Ensure that all control module and DLC connections are secure and the TIS terminal operating software is up to date. Attempt to reprogram the control module. If the control module cannot be programmed, replace the control module.
Important:
A Midtronics PSC charger
Vehicle system voltage:
Twilight sentinel
Interior lights
Tech 2
MDI
Found a guy that does programming. He was unable to correct the problem. He started to say that the hvac module was aftermarket. Bullshit it came off a 2007 DTS. After paying for nothing I went to Cadillac. There explanation was more plausible The service rider said the unit could have been from a model with rear air and that's what screwed up the Fob and the tpms sensors. taking it in next weds to have them fix it! and also have them tell me where all the oil leaks are. Side note When I told the rider I was hoping it was the valve cover leaking, he laughed out loud. And said he has not seen a DTS the hasn't leaked yet. My response was thanks for dashing my hopes A hole!

·
Registered
09 cadillac cts4 09 yukon Denali
187 Posts
Found a guy that does programming. He was unable to correct the problem. He started to say that the hvac module was aftermarket. Bullshit it came off a 2007 DTS. After paying for nothing I went to Cadillac. There explanation was more plausible The service rider said the unit could have been from a model with rear air and that's what screwed up the Fob and the tpms sensors. taking it in next weds to have them fix it! and also have them tell me where all the oil leaks are. Side note When I told the rider I was hoping it was the valve cover leaking, he laughed out loud. And said he has not seen a DTS the hasn't leaked yet. My response was thanks for dashing my hopes A hole!
I heard same thing from mechanics when i worked at chevy Cadillac dealer in 2000. I think it was Northstar the mechanics at my shop were talking about being notorious for oil leaks.
Your problems seems odd,i have changed blend doors with out unplugging battery.
And i have unplugged battery and never had to relearn key fob and tpms.

For the Tpms there is video on how to do this on Internet, you can use a magnet. Our there's a tpms relearn tool from ebay/Walmart/amazon for $10
There are videos for reprogramming dts key fob to. If that doesn't work some models need dealer reprogram. It might tell you in owners manual if you need to go to dealer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts