Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, about 2 weeks ago the battery died, was not getting anything (this was the same battery in the vehicle, had it for over 4 months with out issues)

So, jumped it, and it died again, figgure change out the battery (at the advice of my mechanic)

Worked fine, today, totally dead once again, then interior lights worked, jumped it, took a while, but got her started again.

Im wondering what the problem could be, I was thinking the compressor, but the level ride light (and sound) kicks on for 2-3 sec, and then stops like it always did.

The ONLY thing in common with both days (the night prior to starting) were that it was nasty out, rain and lotsa wind, 50mph+ yesterday, so Im thinkin the compressor, but it just dont make any sense!

If anyone can help, id be greatful!

Thanks
CJ

·
Registered
643 Posts
Same thing was happening to my car and it was because the connector wire terminals weren't clean and making a good connection. Not sure it's the case with yours though. Your mechanic would have seen that.

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
The automaticl leveling only works when the car is on so unless someones been playing around with it before that shouldn't be a problem. Bring it to a shop and get them to check the battery and the alternator. At then you'll know if there's a problem with any of those things or if it's something else. It might just be a loose battery cable too like caddieboy said.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahh that makes sense, I thought I heard somewhere it works while its off as well, but releives me when you say it isnt!

Well when the battery was replaced the mechanic said it all looked good, and that it was the battery (hah)

After jumpin the car, i went out a few hrs later, and it still went back on, could it be the sentinel screwing something up?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
CJPC