Cadillac Owners Forum banner
3K views 34 replies 17 participants last post by  V for Vendetta 
#1 ·
My battery compartment is all ripped up... the black covering is ripping, and you can see the white gauze looking stuff underneath. it's a real eye-sore in the engine compartment.

has anyone come up with a bright idea to make it look pretty?

#5 ·
that kit would make it easy, but I plan on going a little overboard from my past projects. I plan on getting an Optima Red Top. Find a quality Billet hold down battery box setup. Monster Cable 1 gauge positive and and negative cables. All monster fuses wiring. It looks sick IMO. Plus, I was thinking about using that spare trunk space. Relocated battery on one side adn nitrous bottle on the other. Maybe even try to use the spare tire cover as the top, so with that in place, you see nothing. What do you think?? I have not seen anybody do this?? Have they??

#8 ·
#11 ·
I've got a red top optima that is going in the trunk as well! Just one of many little things I need to get around to.

#12 ·
for an update on this thread (assuming someone searches for a solution later) - the resolution was contact Luke at Lindsay, and order a new battery cover. I was expecting it to be like $85.00 (because my local dealer quoted me $108 to install), but it's so cheap from Lindsay i may just buy two in case!

#15 ·
I have heard someone putting a more durable corvette battery cover on there.. it was in a thread not too long ago..

#22 ·
And the mystery is unveiled...

#24 ·
Wasn't meant as a bash, I just found all the secrecy over a cloth battery cover kind of amusing. :)

#28 ·
Why not just remove it compleatly? Thats what I did! Looks much better than that cheesy cover anyway. No ill affects as of yet and its been off for quite some time, even with headers.

#29 ·
Not so much when you have one of those bright yellow Wal-Mart batteries in there. :bigroll:

#34 ·
Hmm a plexiglass box made to go over the ripped blankie could look cool. Put a V logo in it, then spray the inside black. I wanted to do this a while back but just gave up. My engine bay isnt pretty anyway :( Thought about the same in sheet metal, but taking the chance of it touching the + and - made me think plexi would be fine. Can get some 1/8" this lexan maybe?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.