Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1959 Cadillac, 1980 Cadillac,Former 2005 CTS-V; now a 2009 V
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My battery compartment is all ripped up... the black covering is ripping, and you can see the white gauze looking stuff underneath. it's a real eye-sore in the engine compartment.

has anyone come up with a bright idea to make it look pretty?

·
Registered
05 CTS V
600 Posts
that kit would make it easy, but I plan on going a little overboard from my past projects. I plan on getting an Optima Red Top. Find a quality Billet hold down battery box setup. Monster Cable 1 gauge positive and and negative cables. All monster fuses wiring. It looks sick IMO. Plus, I was thinking about using that spare trunk space. Relocated battery on one side adn nitrous bottle on the other. Maybe even try to use the spare tire cover as the top, so with that in place, you see nothing. What do you think?? I have not seen anybody do this?? Have they??

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
I noticed the other day that my sister's Chevy Cobalt LS (economy model) has the battery in the trunk. The length of the car is pretty close to the V. Makes me wonder if the Cobalt cables could be used as part of a GM-based battery relocation kit.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,080 Posts

·
Registered
2018 CT6E, old: 2014 XTS Vsport, 2005 CTS-V, 2004 CTS-V.
2,733 Posts
I relocated the battery to the trunk but it sits back there by itself. No bottles. :)

Used the kit from Summit Racing with no problems.

Grab an extra battery box and put the bottle in there. :)

Norm

that kit would make it easy, but I plan on going a little overboard from my past projects. I plan on getting an Optima Red Top. Find a quality Billet hold down battery box setup. Monster Cable 1 gauge positive and and negative cables. All monster fuses wiring. It looks sick IMO. Plus, I was thinking about using that spare trunk space. Relocated battery on one side adn nitrous bottle on the other. Maybe even try to use the spare tire cover as the top, so with that in place, you see nothing. What do you think?? I have not seen anybody do this?? Have they??

·
Registered
05 Maggied V Black/Black
1,158 Posts
Mine's in the trunk with the cover on, stock battery works, but the optima was to tall with the box to put the cover on.

·
Registered
04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device
3,824 Posts
I've got a red top optima that is going in the trunk as well! Just one of many little things I need to get around to.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
for an update on this thread (assuming someone searches for a solution later) - the resolution was contact Luke at Lindsay, and order a new battery cover. I was expecting it to be like $85.00 (because my local dealer quoted me $108 to install), but it's so cheap from Lindsay i may just buy two in case!

·
14,080 Posts
Since I'm lazy at the moment and I could either ask you, "how much?" or call Luke (so-o-o many digits to punch :eek:), I'll take the easier route and ask, "How much?"

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
Since I'm lazy at the moment and I could either ask you, "how much?" or call Luke (so-o-o many digits to punch :eek:), I'll take the easier route and ask, "How much?"
:yeah:

·
Registered
852 Posts
I have heard someone putting a more durable corvette battery cover on there.. it was in a thread not too long ago..

·
14,080 Posts
Well, I PM'd Luke, he PM'd back, I called him, and he's sending one out tomorrow. :D

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
till i get permission to post a price - PM Luke at Lindsay... it's a great deal, i promise :)

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Braille makes great light weight batts...I am close to 100F and havent had any issues yet with my batt...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts