Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 cadillac sts seville
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys . i just put an alpine cd in my 93 sts. it works fine and its 4 channels are wired directly to the speakers, i am not using the stock bose amps. when there is a heavy bass note the deck cuts out and the lights of the deck dim. i had the same problem when i put a deck in my 86 seville. i would like to correct the problem before i add subs and an amp this weekend. at low and moderate volumes the deck sounds fine. I am still using the stock bose speakers. thanks in advance guys.

·
Banned
1976 Eldorado project
1,631 Posts
How much wattage are you running? Do the rest of the interior lights dim? Could be that you are in need of a capacitor, sounds like maybe your amp might me drawing so much power at times (hard bass hits) that the rest of your stuff doesnt get the power it needs for a short time.

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
while it wont cause your lights to dim DO NOT RUN YOUR STOCK BOSE SPEAKERS WITH AN AFTERMARKET HU. they are 1 ohm speakers and the built in amp on the hu cant handel it. your at risk for blowin out you new hu. as for the dimming you need a higher power battery as your stock one obviously cant handel it or a higher voltage alternator

1 - 6 of 6 Posts