Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Escalade
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a cadillac escalade 2002 V8 6.0 with a service engine light that is still on having fixed the sensor (PO161) that was indicated on the code reader. After installing the new O2 sensor (on passenger side), the light triggered back on after a day. The code reader says the same sensor is bad (PO161). So it works for a little then the PO161 is triggered again after a little city driving. I am not sure what the problem is- I have had a few opinions and I do not know what to say. One mechanic said I need to get that new sensor really hot, another said I need to check the upstream sensors, another said I need to take it in to have the service engine light reset properly, someone else said not to worry, another said I should check the fuses (which I have not), and someone else said it may be something in the intake manifold that was like a glitch. I have 91K on the vehicle, do all the sensors need to be replaced or what?

Any guidance would be much appreciated..

Thank you,

-Brian

·
Registered
1992 Sedan Deville, 1984 Lincoln Town Car
759 Posts
NEW stands for Never Ever Worked! Maybe you had the misfortune of getting a defective NEW sensor or you replaced the wrong 1, or the wiring harness is corrupt. O2 Sensors can be checked for operational parameters with a good VOM you would need the specs for it from Manufacturer to check it or someone with an FSM for your year might chime in here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts