Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Got A 97 Deville And It Makes This Clanking Noise When I Turn To The Right But Not To The Left It Almost Sounds Like A Fan Blade Hitting The Housing But Thats Not It.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey man it could be your CV joints. I had an old honda accord and it did the same thing when i took sharp turns or did u-turns. Might have to replace the axle. Im not positve though as I'm not too familiar with car parts and malfunctions. Best bet is to have someone that knows about cars look at it and test drive it. Thats where my pops comes in handy, ha.

·
Registered
87 brougham,2001 deville
37 Posts
same noise here on my 01 ocassionally. I've looked underneath and found no rub marks for anything contacting the steering column. the power steering pump is up to speed and it works fine . just a mystery to me.:hmm:

·
Registered
13 Challenger RT, 11 CTS Coupe Premium, 94 Eldorado (RIP)
1,306 Posts
Check your CV joint boots for any cracks or breaks. You will need a flashlight. The CV joints are replaced as half shafts, meaning the joint and the shaft is replaced as a whole.

·
Registered
13 Challenger RT, 11 CTS Coupe Premium, 94 Eldorado (RIP)
1,306 Posts
I am sure you have gotten under the hood and checked your fans by now. How about your motor mounts and/or torque struts, how do they look?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts