Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Escalade, 2009 CTS-V and 2006 GTO
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love my truck but these things stop like poo poo! So I ordered the Baer big rotor kit which includes massive 15" rotors and relocation brackets, also got some Hawk pads (green) for SUV's. Hopefully makes a difference, will see!!!

·
Registered
2015 Escalade and 2018 CTS-V
320 Posts
Awesome. I replaced mine with Wilwoods and couldn't be happier with the look and performance. One of the best upgrades I've done. Post pictures when you put them on.

What color calipers did you go with?

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I have used Wilwood and Baer Extreme, I had issues with both in deep snow and ice over the years, but then again I am in snow country for half the year, there is nothing like the stopping of big brakes and if you go over 22" wheels they are a must.

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2014 S550
1,653 Posts
I have used Wilwood and Baer Extreme, I had issues with both in deep snow and ice over the years, but then again I am in snow country for half the year, there is nothing like the stopping of big brakes and if you go over 22" wheels they are a must.
What issues with Snow and Ice?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Def will post pics, my calipers will still be stock and are already painted silver, truck is the white diamond..goes well.

·
Registered
2009 Escalade
50 Posts
I recently purchased the Baer plus 1 and you'll have a problem up front. The pad extends past the rotor around 1/2 inch. I am currently working with Baer on this issue now. I know the gmt800s had this issue but it was very little of the pad not on the rotor...it is far worse on the gmt900s. I have stock spindles and calipers.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
What issues with Snow and Ice?
One year damaged a RF Baer caliper and the next year damaged a LF Wilwood caliper, snow and ice builds up, you can't always stop and clear the wheels when it's -20, -30 or -40 plus. If I can find the pics I will post them, looks like they were beat with a sledge hammer

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
hcvone said:
One year damaged a RF Baer caliper and the next year damaged a LF Wilwood caliper, snow and ice builds up, you can't always stop and clear the wheels when it's -20, -30 or -40 plus. If I can find the pics I will post them, looks like they were beat with a sledge hammer
Does brembo make one for the escalade? Will a corvette brake work for the escalade?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well they were delayed and finally shipped from Auto Anything . They couldn't give me a reason why the delay from Baer. Will be hear mid week. I will update when I get them!

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2014 S550
1,653 Posts
I have never heard of that.... It would be great if you could post the pictures. I cant understand how Snow/Ice can cause damage... Did they Break/leak/stuck etc. I have been thinking of doing the StopTech for a while now. Just need to see if they will clear the OEM Platinum Rims. I could not locate anyone that had used them on the Platinum with stock rims. I have to check with the template.

·
Registered
2015 Escalade and 2018 CTS-V
320 Posts
I'm also curious about wilwoods having issues. Mine seem to work fine with no issues. If multiple brands keep going bad, I'm leaning towards installation issues vs. product failure.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I have never heard of that.... It would be great if you could post the pictures. I cant understand how Snow/Ice can cause damage... Did they Break/leak/stuck etc. I have been thinking of doing the StopTech for a while now. Just need to see if they will clear the OEM Platinum Rims. I could not locate anyone that had used them on the Platinum with stock rims. I have to check with the template.
Had them on my platinums, they do fit stock platinum wheels, they did have some issues earlier with their "hats" being incorrect for the offset of the 2007 and up, believed that is fixed with them. The ice forms rings on the barrel of the wheels in deep snow and extreme cold, then as the ice would break up and chunks jammed between the spokes of the wheel and the calipers, this while you were driving, causing deep gouges in the calipers, looking like someone beat them with a hammer

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well finally got around to throwing these on and burning them in! And I have to say that they were well with the $ stops 10 times better and look cool as hell!!! As someone had posted there is a super slight over lap of pad on outside of rotor but it states right in the instructions that this is how it's designed to be. I'll just keep an eye on it and see what happens!!!!

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Escalade
1,177 Posts
badazzesky1 said:
Well finally got around to throwing these on and burning them in! And I have to say that they were well with the $ stops 10 times better and look cool as hell!!! As someone had posted there is a super slight over lap of pad on outside of rotor but it states right in the instructions that this is how it's designed to be. I'll just keep an eye on it and see what happens!!!!

How much out the door?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It was some really good deal from Auto Anything I think it was $550ish with free shipping. I would have to go back and confirm exact amount but it was def. under $600

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh yea Baer box everything mark accordingly! I buy alot from them I had a 20% email and they honored it for me!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts