Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 Escalade ESV. On the dash, I noticed my passenger front tire pressure was going crazy over the weekend. From 1 PSI to 70 PSI. The numbers were jumping all over the place. Now, it seems to be holding at 7 PSI, even though all the tires are at 35. I am getting a tire pressure warning light as a result. Is there something I can do to troubleshoot this particular sensor? Is there wiring that could be bad, or is this the sign of a worn out sensor? I'm not the original owner, so I don't know how old the sensors are. I tried going through the relearning process, but when I get to the passenger front, it does not seem to register. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, so it sounds like they are going bad. I wasn't sure if that was the typical behavior of a sensor that is going bad, or if it was something else. Thanks!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
This started happening to me 2 days ago.. All tires are fine, but now receiving this warning in my 2010 Hybrid Escalade
Untitled.png
Can a general mechanic fix this, or does it need to be taken to Cadillac?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Same issue for me, I already bought new sensors from Aliexpress, will have them placed probably this week. When I bought my 07 ESV readings were for all four (paid about 40 dollars for all 4 --. Old TPMS sensors are probably low on battery. Will get back it comment if it was fixed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't know how you do it, it drives me crazy to see a warning light on???
It drives me nuts
Same issue for me, I already bought new sensors from Aliexpress, will have them placed probably this week. When I bought my 07 ESV readings were for all four (paid about 40 dollars for all 4 --. Old TPMS sensors are probably low on battery. Will get back it comment if it was fixed.
I think I need a new sensor because it says 0 PSI on that one tire

·
Registered
16 Posts
An easy troubleshoot for this is to swap the "bad" tire to a different position and see if the bad follows the tire. If it doesn't, it will be the sensor on the vehicle that is having problems reading the tire. Most likely it is just the sensor in the tire. Any good tire shop can change it for you. Walmart even has some in stock.

·
Registered
56 Posts
OK, didn't have them changed yet. One shop doesn't acceot customer from bringing their own parts, other one says the tool they have can't program the brand I bought. The relearning procedure can it be used also if you swap all four or do they need to be programmed by a tool first?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts