Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything is fine up until 55-60mph then i start getting real bad steering wheel shaking and front end vibration. Not too long ago had an alignment done although thats still not perfect it pulls to the right i need to have them re check it. Also had the usual steering parts replaced as the steering was all loose feeling . I have 24'' rims if that matters anything easy i can check or try before taking it somewhere?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've had the exact same symptoms on a Grand Cherokee before and it ended up being a worn out upper ball joint. I would have the wheels checked for balance and double check the ball joints.

·
Registered
Escalade
78 Posts
Check your hubs. If those are aftermarket rims and are bigger than original, it will wear your bearings out quick. Easy check, jack up car with rims off the ground. Lift up on the tire. If theres play in the hub(up & down motion) its bad.
Will cause the front end to shake and bounce.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm running 24"s. Firestone owes me another alignment it pulls still after they aligned it im taking it maybe tomorrow. I'll have them check it all out.

·
Registered
1968 Sedan Deville Hardtop, 2005 Escalade Base
1 Posts
allignment wont make a diff in your steering wheel shake and vibe but the pulling sure...all the above are great places to look, ill just add to check for a bent rim. they usually bend on the inside where you cant see it. just my $.02 as this just happened to me coming home from LI Friday. Good luck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts