Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
05 SRX
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the BAD NEWS. My 2005 SRX AWD is in the dealer shop. New transfer case, new wheel hub bearing, new cam sensors. The Good News, Still Under Warranty. Boy what a close call.

·
Registered
2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe
2,005 Posts
Made my day and it isn't even mine! There's yet another warranty extension that more than paid for itself......on one trip to the dealer no less.

·
Registered
Base 2007 Escalade EXT, 04 Cadillac SRX V8
271 Posts
NorthstarSRX, congratulations! I would be feeling pretty good if I was in your shoes! The transfercase in my 04 has been giving me pain for quite a while now...no warranty in this part of the woods...

·
Registered
Cadillac
738 Posts
I took my 04 in for multiple fixes in January to include transfer case, wheel hub, leaking engine cover, coolant leak (thermostat), and a couple other things. My extended warranty was set to expire in 8k miles and I was worried I wouldn't get my money out of it. I don't know if this is something to be happy about or not. I am glad I got the $200 deductible though as the money I saved with that most likely won't be paid back, since I just got a new 09.

·
Registered
05 SRX
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually I am still under the Cadillac Certified warranty which is 6 years 100,000 miles bumper to bumper, which is better then the NEW warranty, I believe. Bought the SRX a year ago with 40,000 mi on it and still have a year left on the certified warranty. It's funny that things are going wrong right at 60,000 miles. The dealer had to get a new transfer case from down south. They also gave me a free loaner, new Nissan Altima. Nice but want my Caddy back.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Actually I am still under the Cadillac Certified warranty which is 6 years 100,000 miles bumper to bumper, which is better then the NEW warranty, I believe. Bought the SRX a year ago with 40,000 mi on it and still have a year left on the certified warranty. It's funny that things are going wrong right at 60,000 miles. The dealer had to get a new transfer case from down south. They also gave me a free loaner, new Nissan Altima. Nice but want my Caddy back.
NorthStar.....I got the same Cadillac CPO warranty extension on my 07 which had 26K miles back in January. My dealer uses an on-site Enterprise representative and I had to suffer with two different CRX loaners, one of which had 8K miles and was AWD. I hate when that happens. :violin: Yes, I'd rather be in my SRX and am not ecstatic about running back and forth, but they fixed the issues and I had a sweet ride.

·
Registered
05 SRX
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The saga continues. Went to pick up my SRX with the multiple issues listed in a previous post and 2 days later, while the mechanic was backing out of the bay there was a noise of some sort. I got a phone call and the front axle broke. Oh well stay tuned for more episodes. Another day in the Nissan Altima.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
NorthStar.....I got the same Cadillac CPO warranty extension on my 07 which had 26K miles back in January. My dealer uses an on-site Enterprise representative and I had to suffer with two different CTS loaners, one of which had 8K miles and was AWD. I hate when that happens. :violin: Yes, I'd rather be in my SRX and am not ecstatic about running back and forth, but they fixed the issues and I had a sweet ride.
Hmmmm......I had corrected my typo but the correction didn't take. I wonder if this issue is covered by warranty. :lildevil:

·
Registered
05 SRX
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, picked up my SRX after 3 days of repair. Runs good but not complete. They had to special order 2 cam sensors that were leaking a little bit of oil. It was GREAT getting back into my Caddy after driving the Altima. They still need to find what is banging around underneath, which I think it is the sway bar links, but we will see when I take it back for the sensors. It was great to get the 2 page bill that read $0.00 due at the bottom. Boy, warranties are great

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Well, picked up my SRX after 3 days of repair. Runs good but not complete. They had to special order 2 cam sensors that were leaking a little bit of oil. It was GREAT getting back into my Caddy after driving the Altima. They still need to find what is banging around underneath, which I think it is the sway bar links, but we will see when I take it back for the sensors. It was great to get the 2 page bill that read $0.00 due at the bottom. Boy, warranties are great
NORTHSTAR......you must be encouraged that your dealer is making all of this progress. I would be extremely interested in what they find with that banging noise. While the bring-back is inconvenient, it gives you an opportunity to examine what has been done. Can you describe it, or have you already done so? I have to check.

Found it on another thread......sounds like "loose lumber." Pine or oak?

·
Registered
05 SRX
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Must be pine for if it were oak I would burn it next winter. I still think it is bushings or end links causing the banging around. Not on every bump though. Just annoying. Will keep you informed.

·
Registered
2007 SRX Northstar Sport
5 Posts
Its the control arms. There is a TSB about it somewhere. My dealer had to replace mine on my 07 N* and it got rid of the lumber sound.

The CPO warranty has been great so far. They even replaced a dead battery for free. I have never had a battery be covered under warranty.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
My clunk was coming from up front and would manifest itself on poor road surfaces. It was eliminated with the replacement of both insulators on the front sway bar.

The front suspension would groan during suspension travel when coming to a stop and when pulling into and backing out of the driveway. The diagnosis was worn control arm bushings, and the dealer replaced both lower control arms.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts