Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
05 sedan , 11 Wagon
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took delivery of my Diamond edition wagon 2 weeks ago....

It took me 5 days to get my first ticket..

It took me 7 days to curbs a front wheel ..

It took me 8 days to ruin a tire in a pothole....

I think this car may be jinxed..

My other V .. a 2005... took me..

2 weeks for my first ticket..

1 month to curb a wheel...

4 years to ruin a tire in a pot hole...

FWIW.. GM does not sell individual graphite wheels... SOOOO I called Lindsay Cadillac and bought a set for a coupe... hoping the 10 wide rears fit... I will have the wheel repaired and use it with the new set with a set of winter tires. Id love to have the paint code for the wheel repair shop.

I cannot recommend Lindsay Cadillac ENOUGH....

·
Registered
Had 2009 V, Red/Blk 2016 Now
4,186 Posts
To answer the question, my guess is poor driving skills............ :)

·
Registered
05 sedan , 11 Wagon
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Never curbed a wheel in the Elise, truck, or heavily modded Miata..

The other V i curbed the Tire Rack wheels with the snow tires mounted. So not big deal

My work place garage is notorious for people curbing wheels... You have to get very very close to use the entry card....

As far as no single wheels being available in graphite , all sources tell me there is no part number for it yet. I'm ok with buying another set for winter tires..

I do not think the tire and wheel coverage does anything for cosmetic damage.. after I rectify this problem, I might look into the coverage a bit more closely.

I'll take the credit for curbing the wheel..When i did it I cursed myself all the way home.. my wife, who was with me when I did it said... "Relax... if you had not done it, I would have eventually" . Somehow if she did it.. I would not be even a little bit angry.

BUT, the pothole was not my fault...I don't think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts